2014 African Americans!

<p>I got guaranteed acceptance to UCR, UCD, UCI, and UCSB!!!</p>

<p>^Congrats!! I hope you get some good FA.</p>

<p>I’m white and grew up in a horrible family/financial/life situation. While I understand that more white people than black people have an edge when it comes to education, it’s racist to assume anything based upon skin color!</p>

<p>anyone know how an ok gpa and a high sat will be looked upon in admissions? and when i say ok i mean like 3.6 unweighted and high sat would be a little over 2200</p>

<p>woah where did you read that we all assumed that!</p>

<p>haha wait?
when were we talking about assumptions on race?</p>

<p>well, white kid, while that sounds like a difficult upbringing i can’t say that it’s relevant to this thread or even this section of the discussion board entirely. the best of luck to you getting into college. however, could someone please tell me what a good sat and ok gpa does for my chance?</p>

<p>^It depends on where your applying. Does your school have class rank?</p>

<p>@BlackRose21</p>

<p>yup, i went ahead applied ED, this period of waiting is already killing me lol i go through every possible scenario like 5,000 times a day lol. well, how about you? did u apply ED?</p>

<p>Wassup dudes? I’m a senior from SC. You guys seem awesome, I hope we get to know each other better.</p>

<p>@bella</p>

<p>Yup sure did! I applied with only a week to finish the application.(I was trying to hear from questbridge) But with much convincing my mom encouraged me to do ED, cause it’s going to be harder to get during RD (more applicants) But I really want to get in it’s my top school.</p>

<p>By the way have you checke your MyPenn Portal to see if everything is in for you. I did and it’s still saying that I still have stuff missing even though I sent it. Also on your application in the AP section are we suppose to put the date and test even if you didn’t pass that exam?</p>

<p>Hey loves! I haven’t been on here in a good minute. How’s it going with Penn, @bella?</p>

<p>does anyone else here get massive amounts of uchicago mail and never ever show any interest in them. i’m not trying to brag. it’s just confusing me and i don’t wanna waste my time apping. somewhere way too good for me.</p>

<p>crimsonchin68: I get a ton of chicago mail too, I have no interest in going to college in illinois so I feel kinda bad just throwing it all away…I started recycling it instead!! =)</p>

<p>If you like it, don’t rule it out! You never know what could happen!</p>

<p>Here’s an idea you should apply to University of Kenya.</p>

<p>I’m new and this thread seems cool. I am a senior also. I feel like I’m in good company. And Illinois isnt all that bad. We’ve got U chicago and Northwestern. (Obviously no ivies, but still cool) Maybe I’m just biased…</p>

<p>uchicago is better than half the ivies anyway, and northwestern beats out brown and cornell and comes in just behind dartmouth</p>

<p>caltennis: it’s just too good of a school to not apply to if i have a real shot at getting in, but that’s the problem. i don’t think i’ll get in, and i don’t really want to. it’s too cold and snowy during the winter. i hate cold.</p>

<p>haha I’m thinking about the cold too…that’s why I’m not applying. Plus, I don’t really like the uber intellectual atmosphere it has…I’m trying to stay in Cali…</p>

<p>Up north in Illinois it gets extremely cold. I’m used to it though. Ha</p>