2014 African Americans!

<p>Anyone know the Average and range of SATII Subject Tests at Harvard, Cornell, Carnegie Mellon, MIT, etc.? They don’t seem to publish it and it is hard to see if I am close. Subjects interest in: Math1, Math2, US History, Chemistry and Boiology E.</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>I’m pretty sure only MIT publishes them. They’re easily found on the Freshman website. I don’t feel like double checking, but for MIT, I think the Math range was 740-800 and the Science range was 720-800. It’s easier for MIT to publish because, since they require a math SAT II and a science SAT II they get a lot of the same ones. Other schools would have to put out averages for almost every test.</p>

<p>Did anyone else start receiving scholarship offers related to the Ron Brown app? So far I have guaranteed admission and a full scholarship to Winston-Salem University. But… I don’t think I’m going there. I’m probably just going to settle with Florida State since I have the 100% Bright Futures and I’ll likely make it to finalist standings in the National Achievement program.</p>

<p>^The Ron Brown Scholarship is über competitive. Did you actually receive a scholarship offer from them? There’s like 5,000 applicants and only 20 scholarships given annually?</p>

<p>I think you might have misunderstood me. If you applied by November _th (not sure which day), your information was sent to numerous other organizations and colleges for scholarship recognition in addition to the Ron Brown Scholarship Program. I just got my first one today (the Winston-Salem one for this: [Scholarship</a> Award Acceptence Form](<a href=“http://www.wssu.edu/recruitments/recruit.aspx]Scholarship”>http://www.wssu.edu/recruitments/recruit.aspx))</p>

<p>Yea I received that same offer from Winston Salem. Kinda took me by surprise.</p>

<p>Oh okay, thanks for clearing that up. It looks like the deadline was November 1st if you wanted to get your information sent to colleges and other scholarship organizations.</p>

<p>Congrats on the scholarship offer.</p>

<p>i can’t wait until december 15th when this thread fills up with news about decisions, hopefully good news.</p>

<p>Hello, took a CC break for a while! Haha!
:slight_smile: Yeah!
Anyways I am a junior so,yeah, I can’t wait to see all the CC decisions/stats and stuff so I have a better picture of where I stand for college. I want to post a chances thread but i don’t have SAts yet so…</p>

<p>errrand hello, Nigerianboy- fellow Nigerian over here!</p>

<p>

I’m in the same position as you. When are you taking your SAT?</p>

<p>I want to take it in January…-If I can kick myself into gear.
Then, if I feel that the score is bad for good school caliber (2000 or less) I 'll see if I can find cheap prep courses.</p>

<p>I’m glad to find others in my position- support group :slight_smile:
Yeah, and if you post a chances thread with no Sats-the attack by chancers is as vicious as a shatk attacking a horse</p>

<p>^That’s pretty vicious. </p>

<p>Good luck with your SAT. I’m planning on taking mine in March. I really hope I get 2100+.</p>

<p>Good luck guys. I shocked myself when I got an 1880 since I took it before and got a 1690 (I had no idea what the test was like and I forgot my glasses). Still, I thought I completely bombed it but I ended up improving on every section.</p>

<p>But… knowing that I got that I scored in the 90something percentile made me feel like I have somewhat of a chance at making it to finals in the NAP (I got the minimum score for SF in Florida…), so I’m taking it again Friday after studying out of the official blue book and scoring in the high 1990s, low 2000s on some practice tests.</p>

<p>90something for my state btw*, not nationally</p>

<p>Harambee,which schools you applying to?
tentavively of course</p>

<p>Stanford’s definitely my first choice.
Then Yale, Duke, MIT, Columbia and UNC (in state). </p>

<p>What about you?</p>

<p>t minus eight days until responses come back! anyone else waiting to hear from georgetown?</p>

<p>Lol you guys are always on here when I get work, and when we were all busy with college apps, no one is on. I’m just gonna check this board everyday. I feel behind. :-(</p>

<p>yeah same here. I think everyone is anxious about college apps, acceptances, and exams coming up.</p>

<p>Harambee,Yale is my first choice, then Columbia, Johns Hopkins and Penn State (safety?)
But my Gpa is only a 3.69 weighted. (sigh)
I mean I’m in the top 10% but I think my chances are pretty low. What do you think 2014 African Americans? I am dreaming here?</p>