2014 African Americans!

<p>Lol a 2010 like the year we’re graduating haha. I found that so funny esp. since the year is transitioning and I mentioned what if I got a 2010 one day. I’m applying to 4 Ivies too: Columbia, Princeton, UPenn, and Cornell. And I’d be happy just to get into an Ivy, it’s an honor. I have a friend who just got into MIT. He’s like a math wiz. Very motivated African-American who just shows that people can go from “the hood” to something much better. </p>

<p>But yes, it would be so cool to go to school together b/c you’d know someone your first day. Lol Columbia and Princeton are my favorites though. I love them both so much.</p>

<p>hey guys! i just got SAT II scores back and i’m bummed bummed bummed. My math score didn’t go up, it stayed at a 660, and i bombed lit. (640) i’m retaking the SAT reasoning in january for a possible score boost…and i will be praying A LOT beautifulnerd.</p>

<p>Hey everyone! I don’t know if I’ve ever posted in here, but Brown was my top choice for a long while, then I decided to go with Columbia ED (more opportunities to be engaged in my environment, better financial aid, the Core’s pretty interesting). Last minute I had to pull out ED due to an issue with my non-custodial :(. I was surprised to receive a call from the admissions office trying to convince me to stay and that I’d get a great package and stuff. I don’t know if I would’ve gotten in or not, but it was a nice gesture. </p>

<p>Also, don’t underestimate what a good rec can do. I received a rec from my TASP factotum that just graduated from Columbia, and the regional adcom wrote him an email thanking him for the “excellent” rec that really helped the office evaluate my application. I haven’t read it, but he mentioned various portions of his Columbia experience and parts of it he could see me participating in. We had a lot of discussions about Columbia during TASP, and his convincing definitely helped me define my top choice. </p>

<p>Either way, now I’m doing RD. Columbia’s still my top choice, but I’m also applying to Brown, Yale, Vassar, Oberlin, Wesleyan, and Northeastern (got in EA). I’m considering Harvard but ehh, not really.</p>

<p>@ BeautifuNerd: 2010! Wow, must be a sign for something ;-)! Congrats though! And I saw Columbia and Princeton and both campuses were very beautiful and picturesque. I am going to visit Harvard and Yale when the weather is nice because right now I have about 12 inches of snow outside! And tell the boy that got into MIT that I said Congrats also.</p>

<p>@thefranchize9: Don’t worry. What schools are you applying to?</p>

<p>MG, i’m applying to Brown, Cornell, Penn, Wesleyan, Vassar, lehigh, Villanova, Swarthmore, and Amherst. I got into Rutgers (woot!)</p>

<p>COOL! Well don’t worry so much about your SAT subject tests. I want to write and I got a 620 (yikes!) on Literature and yet a 790 and 12 on my essay on the SAT I writing part…see the discrepancy? Plus I am sure you have more to offer to the table! I just finished sending off a creative writing portfolio to Harvard, Yale, Princeton, and NYU. Hopefully they like it!</p>

<p>I’m sure they will. ;)</p>

<p>Thank you very much :-).</p>

<p>My final list ended up being so small!
Georgetown, USC, Brown, UC Berk, Harvard, & U Penn.</p>

<p>@MorganSimone
sorry for the long wait
My stats aren’t worth showing. They’re not too spectacular. Probably avg i think. But I have to try. I think my essays are strong and I have a compelling story so maybe that will work in my favor.</p>

<p>decanela, is that your whole list, there aren’t any safeties on there. lol</p>

<p>already got into gtown so I figured safeties were unnecessary :)</p>

<p>@Obstinate: I wish you the best of luck. I remember you talking about both Brown and Columbia on these forums with such fervor around summertime, and I really think that you’ll get in somewhere great in the spring!</p>

<p>haha, guys we really should’ve started the Spanish convo in this thread. lol!</p>

<p>Hola CC’ers :-)</p>

<p>Lol! Yo estoy muy nervous ahora porque mi impaciencia esta ruinando mi confidencia…pues no actualmente, pero todavia, yo deseo que los dias de las decisiones vengan rapidamente!</p>

<p>Yeah, I was really into Brown for a long while, then I went to TASP and Columbia seemed ideal and whatnot. Really, come the Spring, I’ll be happy at either/or, or a number of other fine institutions. But Columbia’s my top choice!</p>

<p>Good luck, Obstinate!</p>

<p>lol morgan, i could’ve never but that subjunctive in that last sentence. lol. that is my weakness. Pero me siento las mismas emociones. Tengo un aplicacion mas antes de yo estoy terminado con mis aplicaciones.</p>

<p>Lol, it took me a while to get subjunctives because they can be a (you-know-what lol!) but it gets easier…A que universidad estas haciendo? Yo he decidido que yo hare la aplicacion de Rice University.</p>