2014 African Americans!

<p>Yo recib</p>

<p>Oh, felicidades! Rice fue tu primera eleccion? Yo deseo que unas de mis primeras eleccions me admiten a mi.</p>

<p>S</p>

<p>Oh ok, yo te entiendo. Muchos de mis amigos han sido aceptados a sus universidades las mas deseables. Yo deseo que la misma pase a mi.</p>

<p>Cu</p>

<p>Mas o menos. Harvard me dice que las notificaciones enviaran el 31 de marzo pero las otras son el primero de abril, mas o menos. Pero todavia, ya no puedo esperar!</p>

<p>ah…aproximadamente 4 meses… quiz</p>

<p>Yo pienso que si. Ojala que el tiempo pase rapidamente. Y luego, yo puedo mostrarles a ustedes mis resultados felices!</p>

<p>Hablando de Harvard deber</p>

<p>I find this very amusing. My parents are Costa Rican</p>

<p>lol! wow…</p>

<p>lol este fue muy divertido leer…continua con sus conversaciones :slight_smile: estoy muy feliz porque mis solicitudes son terminadas para SIEMPRE. :-0</p>

<p>er sorry no hablo espagnol, but I was just wondering how everyone’s going with their financial aid apps? Have you guys filed your CSS profiles yet? I was shocked to discover that cornell’s is due Jan 2nd!</p>

<p>@blackrose: You said that it’s best to submit applications before Dec 31st, as it is the busiest day. But actually, almost all of the universities I’ve applied to have a winter break on that day. I would assume that the busiest day for them is the day they get back (Jan 4th)</p>

<p>1/4 black, 1/2 chinese, 1/4 white. Born in Jamaica to Jamaican parents. I’m a mutt. Happy applying, all!</p>

<p>Oh, and what did you guys write for the essays?
Common app- Experience during hornet attack in Sri Lanka
Short response- being in the Newspaper</p>

<p>Aw I wish I could find out sooner whether I’m accepted/rejected!</p>

<p>glitterz, i found out two days ago while skimming the cornell brochure i got over the summer. When i read jan 2 deadline, I almost peed my pants, then i got angry at my college counseling office for not mentioning financial aid deadlines AT ALL! i’ve been doing the CSS profile all morning. ugh.</p>

<p>My CSS Profile was taken care of earlier this week, so I’m good to go.</p>

<p>Well for my common app essay I wrote about when I used to live in a shelter.</p>

<p>Sounds very personal, HBrown :-).</p>

<p>Common app - Narrative style about a conversation I had with my uncle while I was in his car in Jamaica. I would tell you more but I’m paranoid about idea thieves. Alot of people liked it though so : )
Brown short answer - For “What don’t you know”, I tied my aspirations to my fear of gory movies. (It sounds very random but it definitely answered the question and turned out really nicely).</p>