2014 African Americans!

<p>You have interviews?! Lucky! I do not live in a populated town so I don’t have any :-/. And prayer does seem to help :-).</p>

<p>Where do you live MorganSimone?</p>

<p>New Jersey</p>

<p>They dont have interviews there? hmmmm that’s a little wierd. I live in NYC which is not very far from New Jersey. I’m pretty sure you could get interviews. I don’t see why not</p>

<p>Well I live in Southern New Jersey in an area where only 30% of its high school students go to 4-year colleges :-/…</p>

<p>I was lucky, in my opinion, to get interviews. I’m from SC and I live in an area that NO ONE, trust me, knows about. lol. And many of the students that live in my town don’t go to college, and ones that do go to college but either drop out or fail out. I don’t know why, though. Many of them have a lot of potential.</p>

<p>oooh. You never know MorganSimone maybe you will get lucky. MusicalOne because I live in a big city, I cant even imagine</p>

<p>OMG!!! How I would love to live in a big city. But hopefully, I’ll get into one of my top schools and move to the North. That would be amazing. I really don’t like the South, at all.</p>

<p>My sister went to school in the south, Spelman College. She really loved it.</p>

<p>Well, i guess i should rephrase my statement. I’m just ready to get out of the South. Like, I’ve lived her for so long, or so it seems, and I’m ready for a change in scenery. And, it seems as if all of the major cities are in the North and I really want to move to a large, metropolitan area like NY or Chicago.</p>

<p>I completely understand. You are the complete opposite of me. I want so badly to get out of NYC.</p>

<p>Do some of the schools/ivies bring you in for a visit after being accepted? Wondered when that happens…just in case. Since some got accepted already maybe you know.</p>

<p>HBrown-And I so badly want to get there. :slight_smile: So, that’s basically why most of the schools i’m applying to are in the North. And, personally, I wouldn’t mind seeing snow either. It snows down here sometimes but not frequently enough for me. :frowning:
Collegesgirl-I’m not sure about most school or all of the ivies, but I know Princeton will suggest having overnight stays on campus for all admitted students. Although, I’m not sure if they will pay for you to actually get there. Hope that helps some…</p>

<p>I think Columbia does b/c I asked a rep. and he said for accepted students, fly-out is an option. I’m pretty sure that’s what he said.</p>

<p>And Chicago is an amazing place. Just wish it hadn’t gotten so violent.</p>

<p>Well I know Brown does ADOCH (A day on campus) or something like for accepted students.</p>

<p>Hey Musical One. Do you live near or now a city called Rock Hill in South Carolina?</p>

<p>Columbia’s is Days on Campus.</p>

<p>I had the best interview ever for Columbia. He was a huge music fan and a big fan of cities and urban infrastructure, things I really love. I don’t know how much interviews can sway a decision, but I think that one will help.</p>

<p>BlackRose21-Yeah, I live near there, somewhat. I’m about 1 hour and 30 minutes away. But I consider that close. Haha. Why do you ask?</p>

<p>Hey all! Applied to a ton of colleges top choices being Pitt Penn State USC CU Boulder and Michigan, hoping to get into USC (So Cal) for my number 1 choice school, and Boulder as my number 2. Been accepted to Pitt, anyone else looking at So Cal or Pitt on here?</p>

<p>I applied to USC :-)</p>