2014 African Americans!

<p>Not sure, but all I know is that USC’s aid isn’t as the Ivies and whatnot.</p>

<p>lol HBrown. Yeah I had to read ur comment twice to get what u were saying. But I figured it was a typo. No I didn’t apply there. I applied to enough schools. I was thinking about it, but i don’t know how they are with financial aid.</p>

<p>I just received my first acceptance from the University of South Florida. It feels so good. I wasafraid that I was not going to be accepted anywhere. Still waiting for other schools of course. :)</p>

<p>@cherrnoble- I’m not sure. :slight_smile: I’m applying there as well though</p>

<p>Has anyone visited Harvard? If so, how are the dormitories and its amenities? I heard somewhere that cable television is not available or something?? It’s still one of my top choices but I just want to know :-)</p>

<p>I know im late but
i was accepted into </p>

<p>NYU : poly
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
Worcestor Polytechnic Institute
University of Illinois - Urbana Champaign</p>

<p>many more decisions to come…</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>At a New Year’s Eve party, I was sitting next to one sophomore from Harvard and across from another. They both liked their dorms more than they did in their freshman year, which I think is sort of uncommon, since in a lot of places sophomore get to choose dorms last. They lived in different dormitory buildings, but I think they both said their rooms were fairly large, for dorms. I totally forget which buildings they lived in, and most of the things they said about the dorms in general. But suites are pretty common at Harvard I think.</p>

<p>I visited last spring break, but everyone was on spring break, so they wouldn’t let us go on a tour, much less see the dorms.</p>

<p>Oh okay because I heard that they don’t provide cable or something lol</p>

<p>But other than that, the Harvard dorms are incredible from what I have seen from videos :-))</p>

<p>I’m glad to know that the Harvard dorms are nice. I’m really hoping that I can visit them soon. And I recently was asked to have an interview with them. However, I’m extremely nervous. I really hope I don’t screw up. lol. Did anyone else apply to Harvard? And if so, do you have an interview?</p>

<p>Really??? You are lucky, MusicalOne! I applied to Harvard but I didn’t get an interview as of now.</p>

<p>I had my interview on Sunday. The lady was awesome, had gone to my high school, is a professor at the college where I have taken some classes and take dance, etc. of awesomeness.</p>

<p>If your interviewer asks for your resume though, don’t forget about it. I brought mine, but my interviewer forgot to ask and I forgot to give, so I had to email it to her later.</p>

<p>I won’t forget that. Hahahaha. And me?? Lucky??? No, no, no. I might have an interview but I’m definitely not getting in just because that’s my life. hahaha.</p>

<p>Lol…have faith!</p>

<p>I just had a Brown interview and the lady doing my interview was black! We had a great conversation, where we ended up discussing the trouble African Americans face when they have black and white friends, especially when you have friends that don’t understand the other group very well. I’m sure some of you know what i’m talking about. :wink: It sucks that this interview doesn’t weigh more because I think I nailed it.</p>

<p>Wow! Congratulations. I haven’t even been contacted by Brown yet for an interview :frowning: I am waiting anxiously.</p>

<p>I have my Brown interview on the 6th of Feb. The guy is Asian, but that’s not a problem at all for me.</p>

<p>I think interviews are more important than most people think. That’s at least what my Columbia interviewer told me. Think of it as another recommendation.</p>

<p>I had my interview with Yale yesterday. The lady was so enthusiastic and I really liked her!</p>

<p>My Yale interview is on Wednesday. I’m really excited. I went cardigan shopping a few weeks ago and one of the ones is sort of “Yale blue.”</p>

<p>@obsinate- wow i never thought about it that way. it is like another recommendation. that’s a good way to look at it. </p>

<p>what questions did u ask ur interviewer?</p>

<p>To the previous posts regarding Harvard dorms, I can tell you (as a parent of a Junior at H) that they are not particularly nice. The dorm room that my DD lived in frosh year was small and she had to sleep in a bunk bed. The bathroom was not en-suite, and there was no closet space - everything had to be stored in a chest or a dresser (or in a bin underneath the bunk bed). The house that she currently lives in (at Harvard, you live in the same “house” after being in a dorm frosh year) is a little better. I will tell you, that I have seen much better accommodations for students in other colleges.</p>