2014 African Americans!

<p>Really? I heard a lot of people say that people who matriculate at Harvard are spoiled in terms of housing.</p>

<p>They told you wrong! Remember that some of the frosh dorms are very old. The one that my DD lived in frosh year was in the yard - centrally located, which was nice, but her room was very small. It had lots of historic value - JFK had lived there - but she slept on a bunk bed and had very little storage space - and this is rather common at H.</p>

<p>Oh wow, I never would have known that! Thanks for the heads up, MSMDAD :-). I really do not have much to talk about anymore on these forums except the waiting process seeing how everything is done lol.</p>

<p>That doesn’t sound too bad, MSMDAD. En-suite bathrooms sound sort of like a rare luxury to me after visiting (and staying overnight at) dorms at Northwestern, Swarthmore, UDayton, and Cambridge. NU dorms are pretty tiny. The doubles all start off as bunks, but most people debunk soon. My sister lives in a single this year and there’s barely room to move. There is a good bit of closet space though I guess. My Cambridge dorm did have a sink, which amazed and delighted me, and the bathroom was only shared by three people. My Dayton dorm was the only one with a bathroom, shared by me and my 3 suitemates. So yeah, there’s nicer accommodation out there, but Harvard’s doesn’t sound half bad.</p>

<p>Well, Millancad, her frosh room could not be “debunked” as there was no room to place the beds in an arrangement other than a bunk.</p>

<p>WOW…I am very impressed with this thread. I just stumbled upon it. I applied to Harvard, Duke, UNC-Chapel Hill, and NC State. Been accepted to NC State and waiting on the rest.</p>

<p>Good luck Dumb! lol</p>

<p>wait, dumb smart kid, are you a nc resident?</p>

<p>on the other hand, hey guys, im a nc resident
and i applied to
nc state -accepted
wake forest uni.-accepted
unc-chapel hill- pending ( my number one choice, but i received a likely letter, so im not too worried)</p>

<p>lol thanks thefranchize9, and 2010here I am an NC resident.</p>

<p>o cool, just saw that your college selections are a little similar to mine. whats you first choice? and major possibly?</p>

<p>UNC is my all time first choice, I want to major in Chemistry. and you</p>

<p>same here, unc is my first choice. at first i didnt want to go there but it wasnt until i went to project uplift. i want to major in cellular biology :slight_smile: . when do you find out? I find out the 30th.</p>

<p>Does anyone know if Brown and Cornell allow freshman to have cars?</p>

<p>Brown doesn’t.</p>

<p>what really? why doesn’t brown not allow you to have cars as a freshman?</p>

<p>Many in the northeast don’t… I would think part of that is due to parking. Brown is in the city…limited parking.</p>

<p>so then what do freshman do if they don’t have that option? do they use cabs buses or walk? I guess that is the only way.</p>

<p>:( I have been saving up for a car for the longest. I really want one.</p>

<p>Stanford doesn’t let you have cars either as a freshman. :[</p>