2014 African Americans!

<p>^^Hi! ;)</p>

<p>lol i feel the senioritis starting to come on now that the first half is over, but the fact that ap tests are coming up and there are some tests that i surprisingly care about and that i’d really like to do well on (calc and language) means that i cant stop just yet. once ap tests are over? omg im so done lol, i cant wait for that moment</p>

<p>@BlackRose21
you had an interview for cornell? which school did you apply to?</p>

<p>HELLO EVERYONE!
I’m new to this thread. From LA, long beach area to be exact.
seems like a bunch of people have just discovered this thread. Thank you franchize for creating it.
Do any of you know anything about UCI? specifically the Campus Honors Program.</p>

<p>OMG @blackrose
Same here. The Cornell interview lady called and just had me do it right there b/c she said we lived far apart (I didn’t wanna say I’ve gone to interviews where you live, but I wanted to say it wouldn’t have been a problem to commute. It’s only maybe 45 mins.)
It went really well, and we discussed everything I needed to cover.</p>

<p>I’m upset that I still have to study because I have ap classes. The GPA boost is nice, but technically you always have homework until the test over in the first or second week of may. After that, I’m gonna relax, even with my two community college classes that seem like freshman year in comparison to my APs. lol</p>

<p>^Yea, I really would like to relax right now! It’s so hard to pay attention in classes lately but I know I have to because of APs. My parents would like me to take 6 AP tests this year, but I feel like taking none. I will probably end up cramming all of April haha.</p>

<p>My parents barely wanna pay the 86 bucks a test! But it’ll probably shave off some tuition so they’re kinda cool with it. Thank god I only have 3 this year</p>

<p>@SmartDeliah
yeah I applied to usf,ucf,uf,fsu,emory,brown,cornell,princeton,stanford. (I was worried if I wasn’t going to get in at any school at the time that is why I applied to many schools). What FL schools have u been accepted to? Yeah I hope I did good he threw me off guar when he called at that time of the evening for an interview. </p>

<p>@bellaninja
I applied to the engineering and arts schools. Did you apply to cornell? If so what school? </p>

<p>@BeautifulNerd
Yeah mine was similar. By the way he was talking I was guessing he lived pretty close by where I live. But he said it was last minute. I don’t think he timed it probably hence the rush. Or probably really busy.</p>

<p>Hey has anyone been asked what they got on their SAT/ACT and GPA during your interview?</p>

<p>Yes, I did…it was awkward. But then again, I usually brought a copy of my resume which had my scores on it. Most of my interviewers didn’t talk about it though (except 1: harvard).</p>

<p>^yeah only cornell asked me. it was very awkward for me cause I don’t really like talking about my scores with other people and GPA. I didn’t know my SAT only ACT cause I took the SAT only once. But it was very awkward for me.</p>

<p>I feel kind of worried cause everyone from my school got princeton interviews except for me. I didn’t even know that everyone from my school applied there!</p>

<p>Don’t worry about it! Everyone doesn’t get interviews, honestly. It’s not like Princeton has looked at your app and decided you don’t deserve an interview! You just didn’t end up getting one of the interviewer’s list. And look at the bright side! At least you don’t have to worry about having a bad interview that may affect your chances of getting in!</p>

<p>I also hate talking about my scores, I didn’t do so well on the SAT and when I brought it up, at Harvard, he gave me this look, like “and you expect to get into HARVARD with that score?” Then he started bragging about how Harvard could make an entire freshman class with all 2400 scores if they wanted. I wanted to punch him in the face! lol</p>

<p>^lol yeah i didn’t so well on it either. and even though it was a phone interview I could tell he was thinking “you expect to get into cornell with those scores,you better have backups honey” But he did ask what other schools that I was applying to and my backups. he also came upon the subject if i don’t get in i could always do a yeah at a university and then transfer. they don’t really look at ur schools then. but then he also told me that they have rejected people with perfect scores (i know i keep repeating this in this forum sry!) I would want to punch the guy too if he talked on about how they could make an entire freshman class with 2400 scores! lol but thanks jj43912 that makes me feel better on not having an interview wih princeton! I was lucky to have 2 interviews in total I think! :)</p>

<p>jj43912 ad BlackRose, what were your standardized test scores, if you all do not mind me asking?</p>

<p>SATI: 1980. SATII: Bio(740), US History (720), Math II (680).</p>

<p>Yea blackrose at the end of my harvard interview he asked what other colleges I was applying, and I felt like he was saying ‘yea because your DEF not getting in here!’ haha. Well it doesn’t matter, Harvard isn’t my top choice or anything but it would be nice to get accepted :)</p>

<p>Is Princeton your top choice? My Princeton interview was TOTALLY RANDOM! The interviewer was really old. I mean he was ‘i-used-to-go-there-when-no-girl-were-allowed’ old haha. But he was nice. We didn’t talk that long and he did most of the talking so I don’t know how helpful that interview was anyway.</p>

<p>wow @jj43912 and BlackRose! ur interviewers did that? i kno harvard gives ur scores to the interviewer. but i thought princeton interviewers…and just about every place else isn’t suppose to ask you about your scores. they’re suppose 2 get to know you for other things.</p>

<p>Oh boy guys. That’s rough!!! I just had a terrible Cornell interview where the guy was maaaad old. He kept asking me to ask questions HE didn’t even know the answers to. The interview was an hour and a half of pointless nonsense. I wanted to run outta that diner!! The interview in general was completely uninformative…I’m so glad it’s over. I would not talk about my grades or test scores. Even if the interviewer asked for them. They are not the ones reviewing my application so they have no business knowing. They’re there to see me as a person, not numbers. and what u guys said made me feel better about not applying to harvard; there are just one too many condescending peeps over there.</p>

<p>@jj43912: There was someone who got accepted into Harvard last year with a 1980 on the SAT I ;-). Go check the 2013 results thread.</p>

<p>Whoohoo! Likely letter for Columbia College. :smiley: So now that makes 3.5 (I’m afraid to jinx it and say 4) school acceptances.</p>

<p>@BlackRose
yeah, i applied to cornell too but to the college of human ecology (i have a real passion for studying people lol idk why, i think i’ve always been like this) which doesn’t do interviews, i forgot for a moment that a few other schools at cornell actually do conduct interviews and i got nervous lol</p>

<p>i got into howard earlier this week, which means i got into all my safeties, now its just time to hear from all the ivies and liberal arts colleges, the wait during march is gonna be the end of me, i feel myself getting more and more anxious by the day lol</p>

<p>@bellanaija: I know EXACTLY how you feel! Come on, March 31st! lol</p>

<p>@Blackrose
I think Cornell did have a lot of last minute interviews. </p>

<p>The only person that asked for my schools was my interviewer for Northwestern.</p>