2014 African Americans!

<p>i graduate june 26th and prom is june 24th, but my official last day of classes are in the second week of june, and i don’t have to take any regents’(new york state “assessment” tests) this year, which means about 2 weeks of sleeping and going to the beach before prom and graduation! i’m sooo excited for that time its gonna be great lol</p>

<p>i realized that i have stats and spanish ap tests on the same day, i’m gonna be so exhausted by the time i’m done cuz its basically a little over a full school day of just taking tests…</p>

<p>Yeah, I know what you mean! I always feel SO DRAINED after taking APs! I guess your right, I’ll go ahead and take the tests…I guess I should start studying now! I’ve already gotten a few review books…sigh</p>

<p>@bellanaija: I dont have any regents to take either and I have two ap in one day as well. At 8 o clock I have AP calculus and at 12 o clock I have AP chemistry. Then the next day I have AP English. Uggh I dont know how im going to do :(</p>

<p>I have 3 AP’s. None are on the same day. (Thank God) So after the AP Psych test I’ll get to relax finally. My last day is May 21 with prom on May 22, and Graduation June 2. So, not too bad.</p>

<p>^I’m gnashing my teeth in anguished jealousy. June 2?! Does Illinois have such early graduations for all of its schools?</p>

<p>June second is pretty late, I thought. I get out May 14th, and graduate May 20th. The whole 2 weeks we’re in are AP weeks though, and you get out a half day before each exam, so school is basically over for me around April 30th.</p>

<p>@ksarmand: I dont know, really. But all the seniors aren’t gonna do anything 4th quarter after AP tests. lol</p>

<p>@Millancad: It’s not early. But it could definitely be worse.</p>

<p>I’m technically done this month b/c all of April we just prep for IB tests. May is when we have our exams. We graduate May 20th. Get out the Friday before graduation. Prom is April 17th.</p>

<p>wow beautifulnerd May 20th?!?! sounds really early. your soo lucky</p>

<p>Lol yeah. We’re on spring break now. Almost over though. </p>

<p>But yeah our school is weird. Hmm…next day we have out is Cesar Chavez day yay :slight_smile: March 31st</p>

<p>“I’m technically done this month b/c all of April we just prep for IB tests.”</p>

<p>Same here. Unfortunately, after our exams the school board still expect us to come to school until the end of May with the “regular” seniors, but we graduate later because the underclassmen still have exams for 3 more days in June… There’s not really any point for me to go though (I’ve not missed a single day of school since middle school and they already gave us our perfect attendance awards this year) so I’ll probably just come back for graduation.</p>

<p>just got rejected to a school i really thought Id get into…
UCLA. It’s not even ranked better than UofM! I guess it’s easier for me 2 get into uofMichigan because I live in state but still!
Now I feel like there is no hope of me getting into Stanford… how could I get accepted to a school better than ucla if i got rejected from there…sigh</p>

<p>^It ain’t over till the fat lady sings. Don’t give up hope.
I have a friend who got rejected from one of our top state schools (Stony Brook) and still got into Brown. So don’t beat yourself up over it. Keep the faith.
Best of luck.</p>

<p>Wow…nice :slight_smile: What is your first choice, Ksarmand?</p>

<p>The school that gives me the most money. Or, in an ideal world, Princeton/UChicago/Georgetown. I’d be fine with any of those.</p>

<p>Ooooh nice! I personally think you will have no problem getting into any of them! I wouldn’t worry at all if I were you!</p>

<p>Nah, man. My parents’ financial aid forms were all late. I can’t afford full sticker price. If I get >=20,000 in aid, I can go. If not, then no dice.</p>

<p>Well, I was talking about gaining admission :-)</p>

<p>lmao…gaining admission without being able to pay for it is, in my opinion, the same (if not worse!) than being rejected.</p>

<p>What if you sent your FAFSA and CSS in early but got to the supplemental forms a little late?</p>