2014 African Americans!

<p>I think that as long as your stuff isn’t ridiculously late, you’ll still be considered for aid. And even if it is late, like a *month and a half late<a href=“thanks,%20mom%20and%20dad!!%20:mad:”>/I</a>, you might be able to get a little money.</p>

<p>hey for those who are applying to princeton did u ever have to fill out a princeton financial aid supplement seperate from css profile and fafsa? I know cornell has something like it but i don’t think it is due till like may 1st.</p>

<p>@jj
hey where in michigan are you from? I lived there for eleven years.</p>

<p>Well I applied to Princeton so I will answer! Yes, Princeton actually has something called the PFAA (Princeton Financial Aid Application). For Princeton, it is not mandatory to submit the CSS Profile, only the FAFSA and the PFAA.</p>

<p>I was born in Michigan. I didn’t apply to Princeton though</p>

<p>…shoot I didn’t turn in the princeton pfaa but I did give them the css profile and fafsa. so hopefully that helps.</p>

<p>yeah I use to live in southfield,nothville, novi area in michigan how about u?</p>

<p>It would be soo cool if we all went to Princeton. I love Princeton and Columbia. If I got accepted to both, I wouldn’t know what to do besides pick a name out of a hat lol.</p>

<p>i live pretty close to detroit actually. wbu? where’d you live blackrose?</p>

<p>Princeton v. Columbia?! Why, it’s no contest! Just imagine the soaring rib vaults, charming statuary, intricate building facades, and elegant architecture. When you contrast this with the neoclassical stoicism at Columbia, the right choice–and the ONLY choice–is obvious: Princeton.</p>

<p>Just about everyone applied to Cornell, though. It would be more common for us all to go there. Or all go ivy league :)</p>

<p>I didn’t apply to princeton simply for the location. Its just a bridge away from NYC. Way too close. That means my mom could just drive to see me whenever she feels like it. NO WAY!!! lmao.</p>

<p>My parents are too lazy to drive down to New Jersey. Going to the supermarket is a chore. So I’m safe as long as I’m not on my block. And even if I was, I still don’t think they’d visit that frequently. :)</p>

<p>My mom would since I am the last child and she is already getting sad about me going away.</p>

<p>Yea, my mom would come and visit me too, which is why I plan to go to college as far away as possible!</p>

<p>hey is anyone nervous about financial aid? because i really am…</p>

<p>i really wanna go to cornell and am so happy i got in but im also scared that they wont give me enough aid, my EFC on the FAFSA is more than we actually can give. im not sure how they calculated that, but its not practical and im probably not going if i have to contribute that much. so do you guys think i should call cornell and explain my situation?</p>

<p>^That’s what I’m going to do for my school (Columbia). If there are a lot of financial pressures on your family, call and explain. The worst thing they can say is “no.”</p>

<p>But I’d wait to get the financial aid offer first.</p>

<p>@bella
yeah I would wait till they tell you around how much you would pay. But I’m prety sure they will work with you.</p>

<p>well I’m pretty sure my mom would visit me if I went outside of state but not as often especially if I go more up north since we live in florida. Just when I though life and school was going fast the time change has just made it even faster!!!</p>

<p>ok thanks guys, i guess im just getting really anxious but i’ll calm down now lol</p>

<p>btw, what is everyone’s top school that they’re still waiting for now? we might have had this discussion already so i apologize in advance lol</p>

<p>Columbia and Princeton are my favs. but I love all of my schools. I just need to hear from them, U.Penn, Stanford, Boston Uni., and Northwestern. Annnnnd I’m done :-)</p>

<p>I forgot who it was in this forum but now I know how you’re feeling about if you got rejected by a state school then is it possible to get accepted to an Ivy league. Ugh all this suspense is killing me. But I guess it is in God’s hand now. </p>

<p>My top schools are Brown and Cornell. I luv all the schools that I applied too. If I get accepted to any of them I just to to visit them! :slight_smile: </p>

<p>@beautifulnerd
I knoe you started a forum so time ago. I forgot when it was about but I laughed when said your worried to find a hairdresser wherever you go for college. I had the same question to. hahaha. It’s hard to find good hairdressers for black hair
(I know that was so off topic but I thought it was funny) :)</p>

<p>my top are stanford, georgetown and brown, in that order.</p>

<p>yeah the suspense is really getting to me. no rejections yet so i’m feeling pretty good; but it’s still pretty scary</p>