2014 African Americans!

<p>Millancad, you do not need ANY safeties ;-). Now I on the other hand…lol</p>

<p>I’m definitely considering commiting 2 a safety…me and my bff have been talking about how great it would be if we went 2 state and were roommates! By the looks of it I may not have a choice…sigh</p>

<p>I’m depressed. I’m going 2 go right a short story about a psychopath lol. (i’m a writer so this is how i vent lol)</p>

<p>@thefranchize I think I chose those dates. I picked all the dates not near the 4th, 5th, and 17th.</p>

<p>I chose i think the 11th-13th for the diversity weekend.</p>

<p>Anyone here who’s heard from UChicago?</p>

<p>^UChicago RD results came out yesterday.</p>

<p>

Aww, thanks. Actually, I’ve been thinking about it though, and, in retrospect, I really should have picked out a good safety. Even if I didn’t end up applying to it. They way I had things planned, I would apply to OSU if I didn’t get in my EA schools, but OSU was a horrible pick for my safety school. I guess, to some extent, I had UMich, but it isn’t all that safe.</p>

<p>^I know the results came out. I just wanted to know if anyone here applied and had some <3 + :slight_smile: to share. I found the letter to be really anticlimactic. But whatevs. I got into my dream school (although I won’t go there because I can’t afford it lol)! :D</p>

<p>@Millancad: I see what you mean. And you’re welcome :slight_smile:
@Ksarmand: congratulations!</p>

<p>congrats ksarmand!!!</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Aww, I’m sorry you can’t go. But it’s great that you got in! Have the merit scholarships been sent out to RDers yet? Maybe you’ll get one. I don’t really know how competitive it is or what leads to getting one, but I think I saw your stats somewhere, and they seemed similar to mine. I got the $10,000 a year scholarship, so maybe you’ll get one too! They have scholarships for $5000, $10,000, and full tuition.</p>

<p>I got in, but it was EA, so it’s hardly exciting now. However, I keep on getting friended on Facebook by newly-admitted RDers at the schools to which I was accepted. Then people see our wall posts and think I was just accepted. I’m getting more congratulations now than I did in December!</p>

<p>Merit scholarships went out to RDers already. I know I didn’t get one; it seems that RD was horrifyingly competitive this year. (I heard some noise on the UChi thread about a 10.2% RD acceptance rate as opposed to the 28% EA.) I should have applied earlier. :(</p>

<p>Plus, Millincad, your stats are out of my league. Let’s be serious here. :cool:</p>

<p>Update</p>

<p>Rejcted: UChicago</p>

<p>Waitlisted: WashU</p>

<p>Accepted: Notre Dame, Morehouse, Seton Hall, Uof I(U/C), Skidmore</p>

<p>U Chicago rejction, not too disappointed though because I feel like I would have gotten if I would have applied earlier. It was pretty last minute and the essay was pretty much bs. Ah well…decisions, decisions.</p>

<p>How do you all know each others stats? </p>

<p>Ok so I was out w/ a friend getting sushi friday night (I love sushi!) when I got an email to my phone. I thought it was from a teacher or something telling me about hw, so I immediately checked it. It was from UofC. ■■■. ruined my night lol. Then I deleted the email and SOMEHOW it was resent! ugh! haha</p>

<p>…i guess I should’ve done that app before Dec31st…oops. oh well :)</p>

<p>I love sushi as well jj43912</p>

<p>@jj43912: Stats Profiles are available, as are the anxiety filled “CHANCE ME!” threads (like the one I made :)). </p>

<p>And I love sushi as well, though my budget does not allow for it often. It’s a pity that following the youtube instructional videos didn’t teach me how to make it properly; the last batch I tried made everyone in my house sick. :(</p>

<p>My U of C essay was done on the Bryant Park ice skating rink, and then edited in the NYU hospital emergency room (I dislocated my knee while skating). So I guess those two places gave me a lot of inspiration. ;)</p>

<p>hahaha! You tried making sushi! Sorry, I’m just a REALLY bad cook…I’d never try it. so you’re pretty brave lol.</p>

<p>Yea, you must be a sweet writer to have written your essay w/ all of that going on! congrats again :)</p>

<p>There are so many sushi restaurants in NYC that I just choose one and now that I think about it California Rolls and Shrimp Tempura (the only things I really eat) do not qualify as real sushi because there isn’t anything raw in them.</p>

<p>There are a few in MI. I love eel, spicy tuna, and california rolls! Yum!!!</p>

<p>^[/passes out]
Eel?!?! Duuuuuuuuude. That’s crazy.</p>