2014 African Americans!

<p>wow, the way my school does weighting is drastically different from yours too! it truly is confusing… does anyone know why schools use different methods for weighting?</p>

<p>I’m applying regular decision to:</p>

<p>Harvard
Columbia NY College
Boston University
Northeastern University
NYU
Pace University
SUNY Stony Brook</p>

<p>I’ve completed a first draft of my main essay… feeling good about it!</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>this is a very good question, bellanaija… </p>

<p>And good for you Bianca2010, that must be nice to finish a first draft of the essay! :)</p>

<p>Hey, great post!</p>

<p>I’m applying regular decision to:
Amherst
Brown
Dartmouth
Duke
Tufts
Boston University
Washington University
John Hopkins
Vanderbilt
University of Miami
Kenyon
Eckerd (safety)
Elon (safety)
UGA (safety)</p>

<p>So nervous! A lot of people seem to be applying to Boston U as well.</p>

<p>For those who are aiming for the ivies…what are your SAT/ ACT scores?</p>

<p>I’m aiming for three and my ACT Score is 29 (retaking for 32+)
Breakdown: English 31, Math 31, Reading 30, Science 25 :frowning: :frowning: :(</p>

<p>SAT: 1890
SAT II: Bio 730 Math II 600 (def retaking)</p>

<p>I’ve got some work to do…</p>

<p>P.S. AP Scores are available by phone!!</p>

<p>hmmm… still working on that. For admissions how much do they look on that? I keep hearing different things about that. But I also guess if depends on the school you are applying to.</p>

<p>Really ap scroes are available by phone. I dunno I’m kindof nervous about them, I think I’ll just wait till it comes in the mail. What AP’s did everyone take?</p>

<p>I took AP Psychology, AP Language and AP US History. I think I did terrible on that last one. :(</p>

<p>I think that calling for AP test scores was definitely worth it! It’s not too much money ($8) and you get all your scores. I took AP USH, AP Bio, and AP Calc AB. Overall, I was very happy and somewhat surprised. What about you?</p>

<p>I took AP Bio and Euro and am ecstatic about my scores. Praise god!</p>

<p>I took AP Physics, AP Lit, and AP American</p>

<p>even though I’m optimistic about my scores, I’m gonna patiently wait until the mail comes lol…</p>

<p>I took AP Gov. and AP English lang</p>

<p>when you send in ap scores do you have to send in all or none? or can you choose which scores you want to send to colleges? a lot of websites I’ve been looking at seem to lack clarity on this subject…</p>

<p>I think I’m just going to call to get the scores. I’m really stressed about them, so I’ll just get my parent’s credit card and call. Well, that is, if I can find my AP booklet.
I feel like I’m profligate since my list for apps is so much longer than everyone else’s.</p>

<p>Tier 1:
Cambridge</p>

<p>Tier 2:
Harvard
Yale
UChicago
Swarthmore
Cornell
Dartmouth</p>

<p>Tier 3:
Georgetown
UMich
Vassar</p>

<p>Tier 4:
George Washington
WashU
Carnegie Mellon
OSU</p>

<p>There’s a whole elimination process I made up. If I get into #1, I still have to apply to the Tier 2’s, because my parents might decide not to let me go, I might decide I don’t want to go to a foreign country, etc. After that, it’s more of a matching system based on EA and Rolling. I might not apply to the 4’s at all. But basically, it’s incredibly unlikely that I’ll apply to all of these schools.</p>

<p>Just wondering, why do you like Cambridge? You would be applying as an international and wouldn’t get any financial aid right? Haha, yeah, applying to all those colleges may not be the best idea…</p>

<p>Harvard and Yale are the two highest ranked colleges internationally.</p>

<p>[World’s</a> Best Colleges: Top 400 - US News and World Report](<a href=“http://www.usnews.com/articles/education/worlds-best-colleges/2009/06/18/worlds-best-colleges-top-400.html]World’s”>http://www.usnews.com/articles/education/worlds-best-colleges/2009/06/18/worlds-best-colleges-top-400.html)</p>

<p>Lol at the tier 2. I think they should be included with Cambridge. Or i may have misunderstood ur breakdown. did u do it by ur desire to go to each school?</p>

<p>lol, EmekChris those rankings are really weird…In fact most of the ones I’ve seen are significantly different from that ranking. Except most of them have Harvard as no. 1…
But rankings don’t really mean much (i.e. rankings don’t matter/aren’t always accurate)</p>

<p>Hello all!</p>

<p>I’m one of you :)</p>

<p>Hey decanela! Tell us about yourself!</p>