2014 African Americans!

<p>^haha. the only way i think someone could think u were a guy is ur name. jj cane be a boys name but still I’m still surprised as you on some peoples sn and gender. hey i know this is random but do you go to detroit country day or northvill high school? also the native american part is part of you so don’t feel too bad. it would be one thing if it was like 7 generations back and you wanted to use it to your advantage. also the native american part only helps if you can identify with a tribe. (i’m pretty sure you can since you you found out from your grandmother)</p>

<p>has anyone done a geneology before? (i’m doing one and i just remebered it when talking with jj)</p>

<p>LOL yeah, i guess my s.n is a little feminine … fellas dream too =D ! did anyone see erykah badu’s controversial new video ? she’s naked !! she blessed everyone she walked past with that body! but most importantly, the message at the end was great. i respect her on another level</p>

<p>@blackrose; i want to do one soo bad !! i was going to do it for my 16th birthday but it just kept getting put off. i want to know what west african country my ancestors came from. it would be likely that they came from present-day cote d’ivoire, ghana, sierra leone, exc. but i want to know exactly where … when i die, i want to be cremated and i want my ashes spread over the land of my ancestors.</p>

<p>Im really curious. Whats my screenname sound like? Masculine or Feminine?</p>

<p>I think im black. i should be part of this forum =)</p>

<p>justadream: yea, I see ur a guy now that ur so excited about a naked girl lol…i’d love 2 the vid tho, send a link please! </p>

<p>i made this sn wen i was like 10! give me a break! it made sense 2 me! my name is Jade Jelise!</p>

<p>Yea, I go to Detroit Country Day…how’d you know? lol</p>

<p>I’m actually doing a geneology as we speak…i’ve been interested in my heritage since I was like young and I read roots lol…my dad finally caved so I’m gonna find out where I’m from. IM EXCITED 2 GET THE RESULTS! exactly justadream I wanna know where in AFrica im from. I’m always so jealous of white ppl who know exactly where they are from. I know I’m part white and part Native American and part black so I want to know exactly what,where, and how much of each. </p>

<p>yes floridankiss, u should be apart of this forum. but first u must tell us whether ur a girl or boy. I don’t want to assume and then be blown away after finding out later lol. im guessing ur a girl though.</p>

<p>mouse, I kind of assumed u were a girl…but ur sn isn’t that girlie…it’s kinda both so I’m not surprised ur a boy or anything.</p>

<p>@jj
HOLY COW R U SERIOUS! u go to dcds!!? i went ther for a couple of years. i think i know you! lol or ar least you would definatley know some of my friends who go there especially since u r a senior. i was just joking and taking a guess in the dark since those are the only schools i know. i know i sound over excited but i find it funny that someone who went to my school is in this forum. small world? one more question were u in mrs. vaidya’s advisory?</p>

<p>@justadream
yeah i want to know so badly about my family history cause when I look at my grandparents you can tell that they are mixed with something else but i’m not quite sure. also my last name is french and everyone asks me if i’m french but i usually say no cause my grandfather and i assume that the last name came from slavery days. but besides that there is so much untold history that i want to unfold.</p>

<p>*** BLACKROSE WHO R U?!?!? this is sooo weird!! how do u know me!?!?!?!! AHHHHHH!! lol its a small world! u went here in 6th grade then i probably know u!! u were in my grade right!? then i should know u!</p>

<p>yea my bffs last name is Rousseau lol and she’s black(haitian). She’s also mixed w/ a bunch of stuff. I always tell her she’s related to Rousseau, which makes sense bcuz he was French and they colonized Haiti anyway! That’d b soo cool! I wanna do a geneology test on EVERYONE now.</p>

<p>FLORIDIANKISS give us ur 411 so u can be apart of this thread.</p>

<p>jj43912
lol from your reaction I’m guessing that is a yes. then i DEFINATLEY know you! :slight_smile: before I tell you do you have any ideas who i might be?</p>

<p>@floridiankiss
tell us about yourself. i might know you too lol</p>

<p>camille? idk…ur black…so there aren’t many options! it has to be camille…u know there aren’t many black ppl at dcd! and I was always friends w/ indian girls in middle school lol.</p>

<p>yea, apparently blackrose is a creep who knows EVERYONE.</p>

<p>lol good guess. i was starting to get worried there that you forgot about me. but like you said there aren’t that many black people at dcds and especially since i left then that narrows it down. but i can’t believe that it is you. this is too weird! my next hint was to tell u that i’m a facebook friend of yours. but i wasn’t trying to freak you out i was just trying to make sure it was you (partially fun too). at least i know one friendly face in this forum :slight_smile: so how have you been? you got into u of m that’s great</p>

<p>don’t listen to her i’m not a creep she’s just mad cause i guessed who she was before she did lol :)</p>

<p>@justadream you like erykah badu?!?! Omg she’s one of my favorite (right behind Stevie wonder)artists! But anyway I actually liked the video, it’s different but that’s what I’ve come to expect from her, I don’t really think it’s that controversial but apparently a lot of people are up in arms about it :/</p>

<p>@justadream92 I just youtubed the video. Did she really just like take start stripping off all of her clothes in front of all those people. </p>

<p>I got the message though.</p>

<p>I like Erykah Badu’s [Def</a> Jam poetry](<a href=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdv4o0jSX4s]Def”>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdv4o0jSX4s) more than I like her music. :o</p>

<p>I also gouged my eyes out with the sharpest fork available in my house after viewing the video. I couldn’t take it. Generally, I’d meet the qualifications for what general society would call perverted (or permissive), but this was just beyond the pale, given the location. I give her props for having the courage to strip in public sans inebriation :rolleyes:, but I think this was more a cry for attention than “artistic expression.” But then again, one might argue that they are the same thing.</p>

<p>If she wanted the attention, she should have just made a formspring account. Jeeze.</p>

<p>However, it’s no reason for folks to be up in arms. I’m sure you can see worse things on TV or in the movie theater. At least she was doing something quasi-constructive. Or maybe I’m just :confused:.</p>

<p>OMG @justadream
I was waiting for someone to mention her video. It was cool, but like halfway through the video, I realized that she wasn’t on a set; she was stripping down walking down the street with kids around lol. I watched the edited version of course, but I liked the JFK references. Um as far as the group think message, lmbo OF COURSE people are gonna stare at you like you’re crazy, YOU’RE STRIPPING DOWN IN FRONT OF THEIR CHILDREN! But it was cool…different…surprised no cops were called. Probably thought she was some ghetto black woman on drugs for MTV. Smh. But I liked the video. I thought the message was cool, but I mean, with group think, I think under different circumstances, her point would have been proven better (seriously, people are gonna freak out if they see ANYONE walking down naked), but I still thought the message was cool. I think she should’ve done something like those smoking commercials with the babies crawling in the streets or something. Something much more reliable for the argument.</p>

<p>Speaking of Formspring @ksarmand, who has one ?</p>

<p>^I’m an attention whore. I plead guilty.</p>

<p>bahaha! oh course i remember you camille! idk HOW u figured out it was me! haha…well now u know all of my goals and ambitions…so much for this being ‘anonymous’ lol jk. I’ve been great. so where are you gonna end up nxt year?</p>

<p>wow. u guys r really making me want to go c this erikah baduh video. I like her old stuff but I havent listened to her in a while…I’ll go check it out.</p>

<p>2 thoughts:

1. I HOPE she did not leave that burberry coat on the street!
    2.*** she was naked!
  2. i CANT believe she did that!!!
  3. I kind of like this song and i do like the end message a lot
    HAHAAHAHA </p>

<p>Ok let’s talk about college. Tomorrow is our last day of THE COLLEGE PROCESS (unless any of u plan on transferring). How r u gonna spend the last day? Any regrets? Hopes for the future?</p>

<p>I’m going to the library to meet up with some friends. We’re going to complete our calculus spring break assignment together. <em>is feeling the love</em></p>