2014 African Americans!

<p>I’m gonna go out to eat with friends lol even though I have sooo much work to get done over this spring break…
I’m getting more anxious for Thursday evening though, and getting waitlisted for Williams tonight made it even worse…</p>

<p>@jj: RIGHT ?! i wouldve scooped up that coat if i was out there</p>

<p>@ bella: i love erykah badu’s older work (late 90s) ; i liked that single she came out with last year and this video just made me love her … a lot. she’s going “gaga” but it’s worth it; putting her back on the map! (btw, i love lady gaga because she’s twistedd and her telephone video made my jaw drop from beginning to end)</p>

<p>@beautifulnerd and ksarmand: yeah i agree; i mean, i like the song and the message but her nudity is questionable in proving that specific point. nonetheless, she’s a social activist and activists need attention. that was her way of getting it i guess. BUT WHO KNEW SHE HAD A BODY LIKE THAT ?!! i was flipping out because she’s always covered up in traditional african attire in a lot of her videos or in rebellious black panther styled clothing … and now, since she likes to go natural, ahemm cough* she was truly natural ! i love black women =D i won’t ever be able to give up curves like that ! i’m sure a lot of men were appreciative for erykah breaking out of her shell (figuratively and literally) while simutaneously delivering an important message =D </p>

<p>tomorrow… i’ll be SKYDIVING with my best friend for my 18th birthday ! =D PUMPED</p>

<p>^Don’t generalize. I’m a black female, and I’m pretty sure I don’t have curves like that. <em>checks once more</em></p>

<p>Yeah, I’m sure.</p>

<p>srsly justadream?! cool! i did pretend skydiving once in florida it was SOO fun! happy bday btw</p>

<p>tomorrow I’ll be watching ‘the last song’ and doing nada all day…i love sb</p>

<p>@jj
well i was lucky actually. but it wasn’t till you told everybody what the jj stood for. then u said something about getting accepted to u of m and i remembered in the past that u said u live near detroit. but then it kindof went down hill when u told me that u went to dcds. when i asked u that question i was just being curious since u live in that area. i really wasn’t expecting u to say yes cause what are the chances? or at the very least u might know somebody from those schools (i was just making conversation) but then when u said yes i thought of the only black girl in michigan that i know that goes to dcds and that was u. but then again i thought that there was still a small chance that u might not be the jade i know cause there could be more than one black jade at dcds. so i asked u if u were in mrs. vaidya’s advisory to confirm it. lol u were the only other black girl in my advisory so that helped! but honesly it was pure luck. but the meaning for the other j in ur username threw me off</p>

<p>lol yeah i guess i do know ur goals and ambitions but so do u. it’s all good if anything it has made be look at u differently (good of course) i didn’t know u were that ambitious! but question is a lot of people from dcds applying to ivy leagues? it doesn’t seem so. </p>

<p>also i just talked to jennifer at 2am and she knew the story before i finished it to u. apparently u were at school when this happened. but how it was pretty late when i messaged u last. also does everyone know now at dcds? lol (but honestly that made my day this is sooo funny! it would be cool if we went to the same school!) i don’t know where i am going yet unitl apr. 1st</p>

<p>yeah I can’t belive that we are 1 1/2 days till our decisions. i am soo nervous but soo excited!!! but talking about hair and finding a long lost friend kindof got my mind of it lol! what r u guys going to do if u get in to the schools u want on apr. 1st?</p>

<p>If I get into the school of my dreams, I am most likely going to send my letter of intent with the tuition deposit within the following week :D.</p>

<p>I LOVE DEF JAM POETRY!</p>

<p>just thought I’d let yall know lol</p>

<p>oh thats so funny! haha yea jen is in my ap gov class
idk if a lot of ppl r applying 2 ivies @ dcd. a lot of ppl r secretive (including me)…idk i just don’t want to get those judgmental looks like ‘u can never get in there’ and if i get rejected i don’t wanna have to go around explaining to ppl…</p>

<p>the last day! i’m about 2 go c ‘the last song’ ill c u guys later! AHH THIS IS THE LAST DAY B4 THE 1ST DAY OF THE REST OF OUR LIVES! lol</p>

<p>@kczprincess same! i got so upset though because we were doing a unit on poetry in tenth grade and my teacher decided to bring def jam poetry in for the class to watch, i was at first so excited because we would finally be watching something interesting but unfortunately no one appreciated it! everyone kept talking during the show and it made me really mad, spoken word poetry ain’t for everyone i guess :/</p>

<p>I’ve decided to commit to Macaulay!! Phew. This process is finally over. Now I’m going to go and enjoy the rest of my spring break. :)</p>

<p>@kczprincess: I love it too. Sometimes, my views don’t jive with those of the poets, but still, you’ve got to respect the beauty of the spoken word. I listen to that stuff for inspiration. :D</p>

<p>OMG you guys I was just listening to the news and Erykah Badu might GET A YEAR IN JAIL because of her video. They said it was because there were children around and the video wasnt shot on a closed set. Detroit (where the video was shot) is saying they might charge her for a state offense. WOW!!!</p>

<p>She wanted attention and now she has it.</p>

<p>^Chick should’ve just gotten a formspring. smh.</p>

<p>Ahem. Is anyone here a fan of Nollywood?</p>

<p>Sorry I’m not familiar. What is Nollywood?</p>

<p>Ahhh lol I’m kinda scared for her now! I would understand if she goes to jail but hopefully not for year</p>

<p>@ksarmand yup I’m a big fan of nollywood, are you Nigerian?</p>

<p>@HBrown it’s the Nigerian equivalent of Hollywood and bollywood</p>

<p>oh I see…my mom is a fan :)</p>

<p>@bellanaija: No, I’m not Nigerian (I’m Haitian). I just love Nigerian films. :smiley:
<em>takes second look at username</em> Are you (or your family) from Nigeria?</p>

<p>@HBrown: I got hooked at the hair salon. When you’re getting box braids put in for 12+ hours, the drama can be quite addictive.</p>

<p>I hope Erykah Badu doesn’t go to jail. That would be rather unfortunate. The video seriously wasn’t that bad.</p>

<p>Hmmm I hope she does not go to jail as well. I think what might get her is the fact that there were children there and she completely disregarded that fact. Its not like she didnt see them. Its public indecency. But I hope all goes well for her. </p>

<p>@ksarmand: My mom’s friends watch them and she always brings them home. Ive watched a few but I cant say that I am hooked.</p>

<p>@HBrown: Watch [Million</a> Dollar Sisters](<a href=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZl8jBtbVAY]Million”>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZl8jBtbVAY). Best bad movie ever. :p</p>

<p>And 0:49 is hilarious.</p>