2014 African Americans!

<p>“the million dollar sisters need to settle down but their age is catching up with them”
I was laughing hysterically. </p>

<p>All of the movies that my mom watches are all so serious, never funny like that. Then I would watch them a little more.</p>

<p>seriouslyy ?! i hope she doesn’t get arrested also .</p>

<p>my haitian and nigerian friends always make me watch their movies lol i love them … soo dramatic and intense, especially the nigerian movies</p>

<p>@justadream- scary how much we’re alike. i dont think i’ll have curves like people think i should have (being that im black) AND i wanted to skydive for my 18th bday but my mom annoyed me and started praying in the middle of walmart (as if i were trying to join a cult and get sucked in by the devil or something iono)</p>

<p>@ksarmand- it’s okay i have a formspring. lol. formspring.me/EnTiCiNGSPiRiT</p>

<p>smh…i haven’t had any GOOD questions in a while. ehh. it was bound to get boring after a while anyway lol.</p>

<p>Are any of you guys from the Baltimore area or familiar with the neighborhood around Johns Hopkins? I got accepted at Hopkins today, i’m excited because of the strong biology program they have, but is somewhat skeptical of the neighborhood, because of what I’ve been hearing on the CC threads. I am leaving for the East Coast next week and will be visiting several schools, but unsure if my brief visit will give me a true knowledge about campus safety at Hopkins. Any help will be much appreciated.</p>

<p>lol yeah i’m Nigerian, i’m American born but my parents came here in the 80’s :)</p>

<p>i’m honestly not really well versed on Nollywood movies but i know it’s actually the third biggest movie market in the world after Hollywood and Bollywood. i don’t know, i guess a lot of people love the intensity in them. my parents love watching Nigerian movies, i watch whenever i’m in the mood for it. i think that Nigerian movies are gradually getting better in terms of quality in film and acting though since more people are seeing the industry’s potential. </p>

<p>[YouTube</a> - Osuofia in London (Nollywood Movie) clip7](<a href=“http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaPyoOAwvhg]YouTube”>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaPyoOAwvhg)</p>

<p>but anyways, i think that this movie is soo hilarious, its about this guy from Nigeria who travels to London after his brother’s death to inherit the will. its caused a lot of controversy because it displays the Nigerians as being incredibly primitive but i don’t care, its funny to me, i have a really corny sense of humor lol but i hope you like it…</p>

<p>April 1st in less than a day. What are you going to do?</p>

<p>I too got into Hopkins but wont be going! I have visited and did not like it. Something was missing. It just seemed to morose and mundane, but I got into Emory, Notre Dame, and Duke which are good…if not…BETTER!</p>

<p>@jamaica CONGRATS! im not from that area but i know a lot of people say its horrible. although that might be true i wouldn’t let that stray you away from going to the school if it’s your top choice. for some reason a lot of great schools tend to be in somewhat bad areas like Penn and Yale for instance. i’m sure the schools know this and have taken some steps to make sure their students feel safe. hope that helps!</p>

<p>@shyman, I got into several other schools also, which I have rank higher than Hopkins, but did not want to write them off due to their Biology Program. Thanks for your feedback.</p>

<p>@bellanaija, I heard some bad stuff about it too, so it wont be the end of the world if I dont enroll in their biology program. I heard Cornell and Vanderbilt have great biology programs, so I wont be crying about Hopkins…The unfortunate thing is that they are ranked #3 in financial aid, so I know the parents will be loving them if the award is great…lol.</p>

<p>@mouse, for April 1, I am going to pretend that my rejections from Harvard, Yale, and Princeton were just April fool’s jokes and I got in…well, until reality hits.</p>

<p>^^^ I bet you $4.39 you get into at least one of them.</p>

<p>$4.39? And, I mean for the day leading up until then.</p>

<p>^^^ haha where did u get that figure from? but how r u guys deciding which ones to open first if u applied to more than one school that is on april 1st? there are all around the same time. i’m still waiting for three schools so my mom suggested that me her and my brother each open a letter up lol but we’ll see what happens</p>

<p>@jj
yeah i knw what u mean. i don’t tell too many people cause I always think that I’m boosting too much or get that look like “u won’t get it” also i don’t want to explain if i don’t get in like u said. plus those schools always stand out so they are going to keep asking u. </p>

<p>but i really wish u guys nothing but the best! if we don’t get in tomorrow and meet in the near future there is always next year as a transfer. i don’t really want to think that way but just trying to put a positive light on things.</p>

<p>lol @mouse I’m a silly person. Just random.
How about 3 dollars and 6 dimes ? (lol anyone catch the reference)</p>

<p>@beautifulnerd, if i get into 1 of them i will give you $8.78 or even $ 13.07.</p>

<p>^lol deal or no deal (game schow)</p>

<p>^^^ YAY :slight_smile:
Thanks to my technology…shooby doo bop doo doo bop I wanna love you my computer love…</p>

<p>I’m listening to music FYI lol sooo yeah…it’s keeping me calm haha</p>

<p>I LOVE DEAL OR NO DEAL. I won the video game at Magic Mountain and got like 1000 tickets lol.</p>

<p>^ yeah i know! but the anticipation kills me! got to love the banker lol by the way where is magic mountain?</p>