2014 African Americans!

<p>lol sorry about that beautifulnerd; but my heart is at stanford right now =]</p>

<p>Congratulations you guys. I got rejected from Brown but im determined not to cry over it. I will be fine…eventually</p>

<p>3 Rejections. Tough. Making my decision tons easier. Basically it’s between Northwestern Vandy Cornell and Notre Dame</p>

<p>rejected from yale, brown, and princeton lol, was deferred from penn in december and ultimately rejected today also</p>

<p>like HBrown said i’m determined not to let it get to me, i can’t complain, i’ve had a pretty good run and got into more schools than i expected. so cornell is definitely my top school,(i’m still gonna visit swarthmore, mount holyoke, wesleyan though to make sure i make the right choice) but i’m just really hoping that they give good financial aid so i can go there! </p>

<p>CONGRATS TO EVERYONE! i’m so happy, i hope everything ultimately works out for all of us :)</p>

<p>Accepted to Harvard and Princeton, waitlisted at Yale (bulldogs are wack anyway). I was at a diner when I checked, and threw the water all over the waiter in my shock. And then I just stumbled around in a daze. </p>

<p>I don’t have anything near a full ride, but I am beyond grateful. Even if I don’t muster up the money to go there in the end, it’s still awesome to be admitted. Thank you guys for all your support. You’re all amazing, wherever you go. </p>

<p>and@justadream92: I was striving for that 11-0 record too, but Yale messed it up for me. 10.5/11.0. smh. :D</p>

<p>Accepted at Harvard and Dartmouth (already had LL), waitlisted at Yale.
I laid on my front porch from 3-6 or so, so I got the decisions outside in the beautiful sun. Then I cried where the whole world could see because I sucked and so did Yale, as far as I was then concerned.</p>

<p>^I was ****ed when I saw Yale’s. They messed up my chances to go 11-0. </p>

<p>But you’re amazing at life. So there, FALE!!</p>

<p>^So are you! :slight_smile:
I was stunned. I don’t really mean surprised, because it’s not like anyone expects acceptance. I was just sort of numbed by it. It took me 10 minutes to have an emotional reaction. The worst part was that it’s Lent + Holy Week + Maundy Thursday and I’m basically a vegan for the season, so I couldn’t drown my sorrows in a pint of ice cream.</p>

<p>I mean, that letter really looked like a rejection when I first saw it. Second most confusing letter I’ve gotten all admissions season (first was MIT’s. I think I lost the ability to read & randomly scanned it until I understood).</p>

<p>I think my chances of being 12 for 12 were already effed up by Cambridge pooling me, but no one in America knows what a pool is, so I could have just said 12 for 12 if I had gotten in.</p>

<p>Ugh.</p>

<p>^It was my lifelong dream to apply to Cambridge. Then I read their brusque admissions website, which essentially told me they applied solely on the basis of numbers, and was completely turned off. And I convinced myself that academically, I wouldn’t stack up to what seemed to be astronomical requirements. </p>

<p>I wasn’t surprised; getting into any of these schools was the stuff of under-the-cover 5th grade dreams–it was more like OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMOMG <em>throw water on waiter in excitement</em> OMGOMGOMGOMG. I’m quite happy with the way things turned out. But still, when I saw Yale’s WL letter, I was just like, FU !!! (and not the school). :D</p>

<p>btw, what’s pooling??</p>

<p>^Eek, it was my lifelong dream to apply to Cambridge! You should have. It’s not all stats, the interview is very important (and was like the singular most incredible intellectual moment of my life. But I probs apotheosize it).</p>

<p>Anyway, at Cambridge, you apply to one of the colleges, which I guess you know. So I applied to Christ’s College. It’s a really good college, in possibly the best location out of all of them, has a high passage rate, and is known for having very academic and somewhat less fun students. All of which I loved about it. It pooled me, meaning they thought I was Cambridge material, but didn’t necessarily want me at Christ’s or couldn’t fit me.
As often happens with accepted poolies, I was “fished” by a college that has decidedly fewer applicants and thus needs to fill up with applicants who were pooled by more desirable colleges who have too many Cambridge quality. A so-called “hill college,” maybe 10-15 minutes from the city center, all female, new. I think you can see why it has fewer applicant and needs to pick up some poolies from that description.</p>

<p>This is part of my “You got pooled!” letter/email that explains it in Cambridge words:

</p>

<p>Oh, btw, I believe that most UK applicants who are pooled then accepted are called for interview again.</p>

<p>I got into Harvard and Princeton today!! Yes! I cannot wait to meet some of you guys!!</p>

<p>@Millancad: lolwhut?? That looks like a gentrified version of a WL letter. </p>

<p>Are you planning on going for another interview, then? Or is it definitely MIT?</p>

<p>@just4mywubbies: That’s awesome. Are you going to the weekends?</p>

<p>^Pooling is basically waitlisting, but it only lasts about a week. Maybe a week and a half. And you very, very rarely get into a college that’s equally popular.</p>

<p>I’ve already been accepted at Cambridge. Pooled in Jan, accepted a week later. International students are never offered 2nd interviews.</p>

<p>It could be Harvard. Or maybe UChicago. But it’s probably MIT.</p>

<p>^Pooling is basically waitlisting, but it only lasts about a week. Maybe a week and a half. And you very, very rarely get into a college that’s equally popular.</p>

<p>I’ve already been accepted at Cambridge. Pooled in Jan, accepted a week later. International students are never offered 2nd interviews.</p>

<p>It could be Harvard. Or maybe UChicago. But it’s probably MIT.</p>

<p>I got into Columbia! Yay anyone else going?</p>

<p>@bellanaija, it looks like Cornell for me to, dont feel bad about the other Ivy’s, GOD works in mysterious ways and everything that happens, happened for a reason. Trust God. Also, Cornell is a great school.</p>

<p>@mouse, OMG, we got into all the same schools. I am leaning towards Cornell, but Vanderbilt made it a little complicated by giving me the Chancellor’s scholarship, LOL. I am still saying Cornell though.</p>

<p>@Obstinate: Yup, I’m considering going there very strongly. I just am quite confused about the University Scholar thingy. Do you know what that program is??</p>

<p>Congradulation to every one, our future is bright.
On To the Next One - On To the Next One - On To the Next One
Please post your result for the future appliants.
Thanks</p>

<p>Got into Princeton, Stanford, Columbia, U Penn, Cornell, and more! I am uber excited! I hope I can meet some of you!</p>

<p>For those rejected from their first choice, it’s okay! You’ll still do great wherever you go… :)</p>

<p>Where do you guys think you’re going to go?
:D</p>

<p>@jamaica: Really? That’s cool. I like Cornell too, but I’m honestly leaning towards Notre Dame. They have the number 1 business school and have a really good community life, unlike Vandy. So, I’m leaning away from Vandy and Northwestern a little right now in favor of Notre Dame and Cornell.</p>