2014 African Americans!

<p>I’ll be at Cornell tomorrow…can’t wait, it’s gonna be my first visit :)</p>

<p>and I’ll be there on Sunday and Monday, too.</p>

<p>Hi miss92lady,
We are going to have the CC crew here, lol. what time you coming in?</p>

<p>I should be there by 9am, but my dad drives pretty slow so idk for sure, lol.</p>

<p>@ksarmand
lol i don’t know what ooVoo buddies means. but sounds good. what is that. i probably won’t be in here often now. but it’s still interesting to read where everyone is going. weird thing is that nobody from my school got in as much as we thought. i only know one person that got into ivy league at my school. (that i know of) omg i can’t believe it’s been almost a week since decisons.</p>

<p>also this is a shot in the dark. but i know there were floridians in here before applying to state schools like ucf, usf, fsu, or uf. are any of u going there. i don’t think there is many. many either got into out of state schools or ivy league from this forum.</p>

<p>@HBrown i’ll be there on sunday too :)</p>

<p>@bellanaija :)</p>

<p>Sorry I missed you guys but I’m back home. It was a straight shot. I left around 20 and just got back about 45 minutes ago. It was alot of fun. Maybe after you guys leave I’ll share some of the takeaways of Cornell that I really didn’t like. After I go to northwestern in a week for a weekend I’ll have to make the big decision. I hope everyone visiting is having fun!</p>

<p>is it me, or are people making upenn sound not as prestigious??</p>

<p>UPenn is stilll prestigious after all it’s an ivy league. I just think that only Wharton is what makes it stand out. I’m not knocking it. It’s a great place. Just that I probably wouldn’t go unless I got into Wharton. Just my $.02.</p>

<p>Hey, do you guys know african americans or other minorities that have gone to Princeton? If so, what do they think of their experience there? Do they think that there isn’t much diversity? i.e. do they feel slightly excluded, or are they happy with their experience? And anyone here decided to go to Princeton? I’m trying to decide between Columbia/Princeton and its proving impossible!</p>

<p>If you’re looking for diversity, it doesn’t get any better than Columbia. 52% of the student body are students of color. It is also 13% African-American, the highest percentage of any Ivy League school, and other major academic universities. Plus, even if you do feel like it is a bubble, you have NYC just outside of your doorstep. </p>

<p>Plus Princeton is well-regarded for its grade deflation, which is kind of lame in my opinion. </p>

<p>If you have any other questions about Columbia, PM me. It’s a fantastic place. And I hope you’re going to Days On Campus, if at all possible.</p>

<p>So who’s made their decision yet? And who’s still waivering?</p>

<p>Im still waivering!! I am counting on my Cornell visit tomorrow to seal the deal of whether I would like to attend or not. I’ll let you guys know.</p>

<p>Thanks, Obsinate, but does anyone have any other info about princeton?</p>

<p>@glitz<em>iz</em>gold: one of my friends told me that she doesn’t fit into the social system at princeton … it took her a while to find a small group of friends that she connects with . overall, she said that the social life is a drag for AAs and she said that a lot of the people there are elitists so you have to know someone to get access to the exclusive stuff happening on campus. i heard that the surrounding area is very expensive. </p>

<p>but i’m going to the preview on thursday through saturday to check it out myself and see if it’s all true. i visited once and had an overall poor perception of it, besides the beautiful campus; maybe it was a bad day? btw, what happened to stanford? lol</p>

<p>I’m really starting to prefer Macaulay. I’m pretty much done with Princeton, which I probably shall not be attending; it’s in the armpit of America anyway. Harvard just seems so…stressful. I’m not sure I want that for four whole years. I’m fed up with high school as it is. I’m really starting to prefer Columbia. Does anyone have any opinions on the pros of Columbia versus those of Harvard? I mean, I’ve heard the whole “ZOMG IT’S A ONCE IN A LIFETIME CHANCE YOU MUST TAKE!,” but I’m starting to feel that it’s a lot of hype. I’m not as excited about it as I was a last week or anything. :confused: Is something wrong with me?</p>

<p>Ah, decisions.</p>

<p>I totally agree ksarmand. I know people are all like OMG!! You got into Cornell!? You have to go! then it’s prestige this or ivy legaue that. I’m like I don’t want that. I want to learn, have fun, and a traditional college experience. Which is kind of why I’m leaning to Notre Dame. I feel like Cornell is a good school, but it is slightly overrated.</p>

<p>Go to Notre Dame mouse…I am going. They gave me the best aid ever over Duke, Emory, G-town, Northwestern, and Brown</p>

<p>

That’s the same way I feel about Harvard. I know I should be excited and pleased beyond belief. But what exactly is the deciding factor between Harvard, Columbia, and Princeton supposed to be? The alumni network? The location? The teachers? The campus culture?</p>

<p>I just don’t know anymore. :(</p>

<p>Can someone please describe the Columbia application process?</p>