2014 African Americans!

<p>wow justadream92, I love your post. Stanford sounds amazing. I hope that happens to me when I go through the process.
Congratulations!</p>

<p>@justadream92: You have to pardon my ‘dumb blonde’ moments, sometimes I get people here confused… Lol. Glad you liked Stanford!</p>

<p>Only a couple days left. Time to sign on the dotted line…</p>

<p>Millancad, I’m afraid that I won’t be able to post my impressions of Harvard’s admit weekend for two more weeks (I must study :(). If you must have my input before Saturday, however, feel free to drop me a line in a pm.</p>

<p>^I actually did end up going to the weekend, but for literally only 24 hours, about half of which was spent asleep, and quite a few hours of which were spent off campus indulging in all my Cambridge faves.
But TY so much for the offer! I know it’s a very busy time of year for everyone.</p>

<p>I found out what really matters for me. And as it turns out, due to fit Notre Dame would be a much better place for me than Cornell. So, I had to go with ND. Cornell’s a great place (and for the record, a bit more generous), but I had to go with what I really really wanted. Not an ivy, just because it’s an ivy. That’s just my 2 cents. But congratulations to everybody who has and hasn’t decided. I know where I’ll be this fall. South Bend, Indiana. As part of the Fighting Irish.</p>

<p>^Congrats…I am glad that you decided on the school that is the right “fit” for you. :)</p>

<p>Well. I counted my chickens early. Cornell wanted me more than ND. I thought ND wanted me more but they didn’t prove it. So, I’m with the BIG RED. I know other people are going there too. Maybe we can hang?</p>

<p>^^^ yay! i see you’ve come to the other side lol, and meeting up when we get there is a must :)</p>

<p>Jaron Hite</p>

<p>@Mouse What made you change your mind? It sounded like you loved Notre Dame the whole time and it was pretty clear which way you were going to go. </p>

<p>BTW Im glad you chose Cornell!!</p>

<p>Cornell wanted me more. Notre Dame didn’t wanna match so that was instantly clear. And my parents explained to me how much cash we can save and its really flexible with the financial situation. I made the right choice.</p>

<p>My last two visits were Columbia and Princeton. I figure I can go to Columbia for grad school + the environment wasn’t something I was feeling (even though I do love the city and busy streets and what not). It was the actual feel (I was scared and I don’t like looking crazy but I had to look over my shoulders every 5 minutes), crazy people (which can be found everywhere), etc. But I do love NYC, I just didn’t wanna be “stuck” there for 4 years and start to hate it or something. I’d rather enjoy what I made of it when I visited with my grandparents than to go there and immensely dislike it for what I’m left with…if that makes sense? Plus that whole car bomb thing was a confirmation. Smh. </p>

<p>Princeton, on the other hand, made me feel safe. For the most part, the people are hella cool. There were maybe a few exceptions, but I guess since I’m a gregarious person and already knew people there, it was easier for me. The academics, the connections (I love networking), and the campus itself are all amazing. Not to mention, my “twin” is going, and we’re super duper close friends. You can never transfer into Princeton for undergrad, but you can with Columbia (I doubt I will)…you get my point :-)</p>

<p>hey haven’t been here in a while. it’s past may 1st. has everyone made their decisons yet of where they are going for college?</p>

<p>Princeton :-)</p>

<p>Smh Columbia has been my top choice for years and Princeton stole me away lol</p>

<p>haha nice! wat made u change ur mind?</p>

<p>@BeautifulNerd219: I was in a similar situation. Princeton was where I had wanted to go since the 8th grade, and yet I’ll be going to Harvard this fall, a school that wasn’t even in my top 3. What are the chances? :)</p>

<p>Aw, congrats! And BeautifulNerd, i was going to say “yay, i’ll meet you there!” but I JUST got the call from Yale. After waitlisting me, they’ve offered me a place. I am so shocked, because I never thought I’d get off the list. So I’m torn, but I think Yale’s the way to go (it’s been my dream for so long)…</p>

<p>So what are you guys going to do this summer? Relax? Study? Work? :)</p>

<p>OH I’m late lol.
I love the Princeton atmosphere. At Columbia, there were a lot of smokers, and the city was ucky. I’ve realized that I love my fantasy of NYC not what I see for “everyday life.” SMH I’ll just go to Columbia for grad school.</p>

<p>I used to just LOVE Spelman lol and NYU. “Spelman-Every black girl’s dream” </p>

<p>@ksarmand- It’s crazy to see how you can change so much in such a short time.
@glitterz-I love Yale! I didn’t apply b/c I was applying to 4 Ivies already lol. But I love Yale. BUT I probably would’ve picked Princeton over Yale. ;-)</p>

<p>I’m gonna work and hang out with old friends back in Indiana this summer. Drive my new car. Go to concerts in Chicago.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>But that is the quintessential Columbian charm, no? I’m a big fan of NYC; oftentimes, those who do not love the greatest city on earth have had isolated negative experiences adumbrated by their decision to visit its lesser parts. :cool:</p>

<p>However, I must agree. I might have put up with the smoking because I did love the school, but I ultimately chose to seek a more salubrious institution to commit myself to for four years. There were so many hipsters - one could be found on every single corner. :(</p>

<p>/disappointment</p>