2014 Computer Based Honors Program (CBHP)

<p>Wondering if anyone has heard anything yet about 2014 CBHP - invitations to interview or rejection letters / e-mails. </p>

<p>I applied and I’ve yet to hear. </p>

<p>I noticed on the CBHP site that the registration form for attending the finalist interview weekend requires registration by Friday Feb 7th. I would think they have to notify the finalists pretty soon if that date stands. </p>

<p>I applied and I haven’t heard anything yet either. It’s getting pretty late though, so hopefully soon… :/</p>

<p>I just spoke with someone in admissions and was told that the invitations will not be going out until next week. They got behind in the process due to the snowstorm, but the finalist weekend date will remain the same. Also, if you recheck the registration form, it has now been updated to show that the deadline for registering is Feb. 12.</p>

<p>Thanks for sharing that information, @18yrcollegemin. Very helpful.</p>

<p>Just got my cbhp acceptance email today! Check your MyBama account!</p>

<p>Congratulations! Son just got his invite to interview today as well.</p>

<p>Me too!!!</p>

<p>Congrats! My son was also invited, and is super happy!</p>

<p>I also got in ! To confirm your attendance do you have to do anything besides the finalist registration form? The e-mail said something about sending it to Mrs. Batson.</p>

<p>Thank you to heyboucher fo letting us know that the e-mails have been sent. I was so nervous to see the results and really ecstatic that my son got invited. My son preferred the Computer Based Honors although he applied for UFE Honors as well. Good luck to everyone invited. My son will be flying solo and he is looking forward to meeting other Bama bound students.</p>

<p>Thank you for your interest in the Computer-Based Honors Program (CBHP). I am sorry to inform you that we are not able to admit you to the Computer-Based Honors Program at this time. Our pool of candidates was the largest and strongest pool we have ever had to consider for admission. However, we are keeping a small, select group of students in our reserve pool, and you have been selected into this group.</p>

<p>…welp. Congrats to those who got in!</p>

<p>^^ Just an FYI - students are accepted into CBH from the reserve pool every year. My D got in from the reserve pool, and I know of at least half a dozen others who came out of the reserve pool that year. If I knew of that many, I have to think there were even more.</p>

<p>Heyboucher…</p>

<p>“Just got my cbhp acceptance email today! Check your MyBama account!”</p>

<p>NickNicholas</p>

<p>“I also got in !”</p>

<p>has something changed? Are these kids accepted and only coming for fellowships???</p>

<p>How many students are invited to interview?</p>

<p>@mom2collegekids
Sorry if that sounded misleading. We were indeed accepted for the interview and finalist weekend, not the program itself.</p>

<p>Students, if you really want CBHP and did not get invited to this interview, you need to continue to express interest in the program. Of the 6 CBH students I personally know in my son’s class, 2 were invited at the beginning and 4 came off the reserves. </p>

<p>In the past, about 55…and then a down-selection happened and 40 were asked to be members of CBH.</p>

<p>Now, it seems that only 40 have been invited to the weekend…and the interviews are for fellowships. </p>

<p>I also got the impression from the email that the 40 of us invited are all in. What does an interview for a “fellowship” mean?</p>