2015 AAs Where Are You Applying?

<p>^ But the ACT only has the test and PLAN. The Collegeboard gets its greedy hands on every possible step of the admissions process. I hate the ACT a bit less for that.</p>

<p>December… the month in which I have to get everything done.</p>

<p>=/</p>

<p>Act test form is sucky like they have underlining stuff I saw it on the prep book…I like the math for being str8 foward but not the paragraph underline thing. And the government need to get control over these test companies for ripping off students and colleges need to stop buying into all of this. Because most AAs don’t have all that money for all of this none sense.</p>

<p>Oh don’t let me forget them stupid AP classes that teach nothing but how to bubble …and it like if you don’t take them you won’t get into any good colleges. A student who wants to get into a good college has to take atleast 3 sat IIs which would cost 21.00+10.00per test and at least 8 aps which cot 48 per test(some schools pay and give waivers) test prep books for both run 18-25 bucks per subject. 48 bucks for sat or act…10 to send scores to each college which you might have 20 like myself because of app inflation of students applying to a large number. So it all adds up and you all black mailed into all of this by top colleges all for the green.</p>

<p>Why don’t you guys send them when they’re free?</p>

<p>tangent I don’t think you get to view the score before its sent</p>

<p>Well most of them are taken junior year and even that is still to early to determine exactly which colleges you want to go to. some peopl also take AP classes as early as freshman or sophmore year when there is not really a clear vision of which college you want to attend. Plus, you can only pick four colleges to send it to each sitting and almost everyone has at least 6 colleges. Then there is alwasy retaking them and having to send out scores for multiple tests and as mentioned above there are still test prep books and et cetera. So, either way, it’s not cheap.</p>

<p>

AP exams are $86. Some states like Florida, give them for free.</p>

<p>^The cost must depend upon the state and the school. We pay $92.00 each!</p>

<p>Harambee sorry i meant 86 and 48 for sat but its not free for homeschoolers like me and also the prep for each test cost alot also</p>

<p>^No worries, it looks the exams can be of different costs depending on where you live, how much you make, and how many you take. Either way, they usally end up costly.</p>

<p>I’m just glad that I’m nearly done with all my testing.</p>

<p>My county used to pay for all AP tests, but because of budget cuts they only pay for one per student now.</p>

<p>AP Fees:</p>

<p>My understanding is that the fees are standard $86.00. Of this amount schools can deduct $6 or $ 8.00 for administrative costs so the real cost per student is $80.00 or $78.00 (depending if it is $6 or $8 deduction)</p>

<p>@ Dignified1. It appears your school takes that deduction + another $6.00, hence your $92.00.</p>

<p>^Yep. I know that’s what they do. They also add on extra fees for the PSAT test.</p>

<p>I finalized mine!
I’m going to be a psych major</p>

<ol>
<li>Johns Hopkins University-ED</li>
<li>Duke University </li>
<li>Lehigh University</li>
<li>Harvard University</li>
<li>Villanova University</li>
<li>Brown University</li>
<li>George Washington University</li>
<li>Loyola University-Maryland
<em>all rest RD</em></li>
</ol>

<p>Loyola->Safety
Lehigh, GW, Villanova->Targets!
Rest Reaches</p>

<p>^^ Yep, my school does that too. The PSAT costs 10 dollars for juniors.</p>

<p>At Ds high school, the PSAT is free and required for sophomores. But, $25.00 and optional for juniors.</p>

<p>Good luck to everyone on their choices. D is dying of anticipation (as am I). Can’t wait 'til this suspense is over!</p>

<p>I’m just waiting(not so patiently) for December 15 so I can know if I got into Boston University and December 31 so I can know if I got into Northeastern University. If I got in it will be a major relief for me. Then I can just withdraw my other applications and be done with the whole matter.</p>

<p>…although i got my list i am not going to apply till next yr</p>

<p>^You’ll probably change your mind 1000 times before next year.</p>