Yale
Columbia
Smith
University of Pennsylvania
Brown
Washington University in St. Louis
University of Texas at Dallas
Texas A&M</p>

<p>The ones in Texas are safeties, the rest are all reaches. So lovely, can’t wait 8 more days until Stanford letters come in (if we’re lucky we’ll get them Friday) laah~ I love Stanford. Best wishes to me towards getting in. Even being deferred would be amazing.</p>

<p>Does anyone else feel like this year is going by slow and fast at the same time? Like December 15 is taking forever to get here, yet first semester of high school is almost over.</p>

<p>I was deferred from Columbia</p>

<p>Now I’m applying to: </p>

<p>Fordham at Lincoln Center
UPenn
Harvard
Drew University
University of Pittsburgh
University of Massachusetts - Amherst
Emory University</p>

<p>I’m just hoping I get into Columbia in March.</p>

<p>Aww I am sorry maybe if you go to grad school you can try again.</p>

<p>@Samantha, what were your stats?</p>

<p>Intended Major: International Relations. Minor: Journalism</p>

<p>Occidental
Pitzer
Pomona
Pepperdine
Loyola Marymount
Scripps
Marquette
Puget Sound
Spelman
Xavier</p>

<p>Much love to Samantha. Best of luck for Columbia RD! </p>

<p>@florida: I know you mean well, and this is not so much targeted to you as much as it’s a general rant, but I honestly hate that line. People tell me that all of the time about my Cambridge (UK) rejection, which I loved and still do with all of my being, and it works my nerves like nothing else. Grad school has a completely different atmosphere than undergrad, and by the time grad school rolls around there’s a fair chance your first choice isn’t your first choice anymore, or that you won’t be able to attend for other reasons. </p>

<p>Sorry, darling. I know you meant well and I don’t doubt your sincerity.</p>

<p>Finalized list after my Yale deferral:</p>

<p>Yale
Harvard
Columbia
WashU
Duke
Emory
Johns Hopkins
Amherst
GaTech</p>

<p>Hoping to get some fee waivers if my counselor will check his email… But thankfully, my WashU and Amherst fees are already waived.</p>

<p>^ if you really do want to leave Georgia, you should add some legitimate safeties to your list. None of those schools are a sure thing for anyone.</p>

<p>^GaTech is a sure thing for me. The school I go to has a connection with them. Also, Amherst and WashU have already paid for me to visit them, so in all likelihood I’ll be accepted to those two.</p>

<p>There are people that are paid to visit schools that get rejected (URM or not), and there are people that get rejected from top schools’ minority weekends that still get accepted. Plus the fact that WashU is “notorious” for waitlisting top students. I’ve seen it happen IRL and on CC. That’s great about GTech though! But really, you should at least add one more safety that is out of Georgia if you want to leave! Do you want to major in engineering or something science-related?</p>

<p>75% of the people who go to Amherst’s diversity weekend get accepted. Usually the only people rejected are those who have some major flaw.</p>

<p>Yeah I want to do something science-related. Going to Tech wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world.</p>

<p>My sons list ( he is not a CC kind of kid)</p>

<p>ED at Cal Poly SLO-deffered
EA at Santa Clara-deffered</p>

<p>Willamette, Whitworth, University of the Pacific, Gonzaga- admitted with merit</p>

<p>CSU Chico -admitted</p>

<p>UC’s Riverside, Santa Cruz, and Santa Barbara, Cal States San Diego, Monterey, Pomona, Sonoma State-waiting.</p>

<p>University of Portland-Waiting</p>

<p>LMU? USC? Says he’s applying…</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>lol ok, I was only trying to help. Your location made me think you were desperate to get OOS</p>

<p>^I appreciate it.</p>

<p>Hi!</p>

<p>I’m a bit late but…</p>

<p>Christopher Newport
William and Mary
George Mason
University of Maryland (college park)</p>

<p>Accepted to Virginia Union</p>

<p>Hey…this is a great thread, here are my schools:</p>

<p>SMU (accepted)
Trinity U - San Antonio
UT Austin
Howard
Spelman
UTSA (financial safety - accepted into honors program)
Barnard
NYU
American</p>

<p>Here’s my list. It’s really long but I’m just putting the final touches on my U of C application and I’m done with them all.</p>

<p>Missouri S&T(Accepted, safety w/full ride)
University of Illinois-Urbana Champaign
Georgia Tech
Cornell University
(All the rest are with Questbridge, so that helps with fees)
Rice University
MIT(Deferred)
Yale
Princeton
Brown
Caltech
Columbia
Dartmouth
Northwestern
Stanford
University of Chicago
UPenn</p>