2015 AAs Where Are You Applying?

<p>@IB Here’s a hug —> {HUG} I know how that feels, and it sucks. I don’t know what your SAT score is, but you get about three more chances at it (though that’d be a bit overkill, just sayin’) to make it stellar. Please don’t fret, okay??? Don’t call yourself stupid or think yourself less-than if it turns out you don’t get into your dream schools or don’t get to attend them, and remember that you have about four months to make the best applications possible. If it’s meant to be, it will. And if it isn’t, you can cry about it later. Just not now. Much too early for that.</p>

<p>@Nosike You’re a strong contender for McGill, IMO. I have no clue how Canadian applicants fare here in the States, but I can reasonably bet money that Notre Dame will certainly give you a second look - and a third and a fourth. It’s such a white, Catholic school in a white state so they’re always looking to add some color.</p>

<p>Early Action
1.Stanford/Yale - SCEA
2.UNC Chapel Hill - EA</p>

<p>Regular Decision

1. HYP
  2. Duke</p>

<p>If God willingly I get into Stanford Early, then most of my application process will be over.</p>

<p>^ No safeties?</p>

<p>I’m an international student…
here is mine:</p>

<p>1.Barnard (probably ED :slight_smile:
2.Notre Dame
3.UVA
4.Tufts
5.UMich
6.Boston College
7.UCLA
8.Wisconsin-Madison
9.Syracuse
10.Wesleyan
11.Harvard (just for FUN…)</p>

<p>i basically have no idea what i want to major in…
probably communication(advertising)???
i just want to explore by myself in college…</p>

<p>Harambee, since Yale is restricted early action, I don’t think you can also apply to UNC Chapel Hill early action.</p>

<p>Major: International Affairs/Relations/Studies, hopefully will be able to double minor in 2 languages.</p>

<p>Applying to:
Howard
KU
DePaul
Seton Hall
…that is all. :slight_smile: Definitely not as prestigious as nearly everyone else in this thread, but oh well.</p>

<p>

Actually, [url=<a href=“http://www.yale.edu/admit/freshmen/application/eafaq.html#last]Yale[/url”>http://www.yale.edu/admit/freshmen/application/eafaq.html#last]Yale[/url</a>] and [url=<a href="http://www.stanford.edu/dept/uga/application/decision_process/restrictive.html]Stanford’s[/url"&gt;http://www.stanford.edu/dept/uga/application/decision_process/restrictive.html]Stanford’s[/url&lt;/a&gt;] SCEA policy have an exception which allows for a student to apply early action to a public institution in their home state (as long as its non-binding). UNC Chapel Hill falls into that category, so I can apply to both UNC EA and Stanford or Yale SCEA and still comply with SCEA rules.</p>

<p>

Not really. I don’t want to say that UNC is a safety school, but as in state student with a decent application, I’m fairly confident that I’ll get in. If I don’t get in early, then there’s a few other state schools I could apply to.</p>

<p>@sujulove

</p>

<p>Oooohhh, lucky you! (^_^) I have too many financial aid concerns to apply anywhere ED, but I love, love, love Barnard. It’s quickly become my number one and I’d apply ED if I had tthe financial confidence to do so. :)</p>

<p>@Kelsey</p>

<p>Apply to Howard as early as possible! If you have solid stats, you definitely should. You don’t want to get lost in the shuffle. Howard’s administration is notorious for incompetence - my dad chose UBaltimore over Howard because they lost his transcript, and Howard was by far his first choice. The earlier you get it in the less likely it will be for Howard to complicate the admissions process. And if financial aid is a concern, you want to be (as GWU put it for their financial aid) the first hand in the money pot.</p>

<p>Hey, joinin the thread kinda late, but…:)</p>

<p>Intended Major: Communications</p>

<p>Colleges:
Cornell (ED)
Northwestern
NYU
Boston College
UIUC
Marquette (Safety)</p>

<p>^ Marquette! That’s one you don’t see often around here. Both my parents went to Marquette. They actually met there lol
Good school, I worked there briefly.</p>

<p>Major: Industrial Design</p>

<p>Schools:
Georgia Tech (EA)
Virginia Tech
Purdue
Arizona State
Philadelphia U
Maryland – College Park
Auburn</p>

<p>@ DJAmazon. Really? Thats cool. Hows the student life? The campus? Haven’t visited yet.</p>

<p>^ Alright. I worked in the Chem Dept., know some people who go there, and live about 10 minutes away lol so full disclosure of any bias I have.</p>

<p>Student life: predominantly white, VERY into their basketball, not excessive partiers (see: uw-madison), but booze is everywhere lol literally, all over campus (it IS brew city). lots of foreigners who keep to themselves in general. students have a lot of school spirit. Particularly good business and nursing programs. Jesuit education, so students have to be focused. Everyone I know is very happy there</p>

<p>Campus: It’s urban milwaukee, the brew. Lots of things a short walk from the main campus buildings. No sprawling green areas and the weather can get a little nasty. It’s in the city which can be dangerous, but VERY accessible campus security all over. 1 hour to chicago, but most people stay on campus. UWM, milwaukee school of art, and MSOE are all close by. Dorm policies are strict, but overall strictness is not so bad. Dorms range from trashy to really nice. Lots of specialty (honors, engineering, single-sex) dorms too</p>

<p>Hope that was helpful!</p>

<p>Yes, very helpful. Thnks. My school was very white haha, well at least all the honors and AP classes were, so I think I can handle that. Parting sounds good, but it’s nice to have room tostudy. I’m not catholic particulalry or overly religious (but open to everything). And I hope the majority of the dorms are bearable haha. I have a visit towards the end of the month so im a little more confident about resally seeing the school. Very helpful, thanks!</p>

<p>im applying to:
upenn
brown
columbia
princeton
I really want to apply ED somewhere but not sure where o_O
also
uchicago
georgetown
umichigan
johns hopkins</p>

<p>and a few other lesser known institutions</p>

<p>Right now, I want to major in (applied) psychology and these are the schools I’m applying to:</p>

<p>Yale
Northwestern
Stanford
Columbia
UChicago
NYU
Dartmouth
Harvard (maybe)
Princeton (maybe)
Rice
UTAustin
Duke</p>

<p>Anyone want to put up stats?
SAT:1940(retaking)
GPA: W 3.9
10 APs total</p>

<p>UGA
GSU
UF
Vandy
Armstrong-Atlantic :(</p>

<p>I’ll join you, imi1928.</p>

<p>ACT: I’ll find out on Monday. Got a 31 sophomore year. Aiming for at least a 34.
GPA: 4.0 UW
Only 2 APs, but I’ve been in college since last year (dual enrollment program).</p>

<p>Anyone want to put up stats?
SAT: Not taken yet, projected 2250+
GPA: 90.3% UW GPA
14 IB Classes Total</p>