Virginia commonwealth U
UMN-TC
Old Dominion…
JMU…
St.Cloud State
UMD
others…haha</p>

<p>intended major: political science or econ</p>

<p>@ksarmand thanks for the boost of inspiration ! i’ll definitely look more into it :)</p>

<p>@eastafro: I commented on a thread of yours. Looking for other schools to consider or something like that.</p>

<p>@Jayay90</p>

<p>That’s what I thought too. But my administrators just told me that I qualified as one of the top 4700, not one of the 1600 Semifinalists (or 3100 Outstanding Participants for that matter). I looked at the NMSC website, and apparently administrators are told by April who may qualify, but of course, nobody knows about making Semifinalist until September.</p>

<p>@quortney- If you wanna apply to Princeton, go for it! Don’t limit yourself b/c you never know what’s gonna happen, what God has in store for you. Just go for it.</p>

<p>Aaah!
when are NA statuses supposed to come out?</p>

<p>^I think they come out sometime in the fall. </p>

<p>Intended Major: Civil/Environmental Engineering or something in Public Health or International Relations. I haven’t made up my mind yet. </p>

<p>Schools
Stanford (#1 choice)
HYP
Duke
Dartmouth
UNC</p>

<p>i’m extremely pump for next year
i’m just mad at how bad i did my freshman year which is really killing my overall gpa right now</p>

<p>but i have a nice amount of schools on my list that i’m sure i have a good shot of getting accepted to</p>

<p>Hey guys!
I’m 2015, haha a little late on the uptake. :slight_smile:
How does National Achievement work exactly?
Oh and I guess I’ll follow suit with this</p>

<p>Intended Major: Mechanical Engineering or Biomedical Engineering
I’m taking two aps and two college classes, since my school only offers 6…</p>

<p>Schools</p>

<p>Stevens IT
University of Delaware
Carnegie Mellon
Case Western
Olin College of Engineering</p>

<p>And maybe:
Duke
Swarthmore
Princeton
Stanford
MIT
Caltech
Harvey Mudd
I really love a few in the second list but I’m pretty sure I won’t be able to go because of all the $$$ sooo… I prob will only end up applying to one.</p>

<p>^You shouldn’t let $$$ dissuade you from applying to schools where you truly want to attend.</p>

<p>True… but isn’t it better to be realistic so that you have options you can afford in the fall? Duke and Stanford acceptances won’t do me much good if I don’t have the money to pay for them haha.</p>

<p>^Note: Duke and Stanford both meet 100% of need. Unless your EFC is ridiculously high or your stats are very low for their pool, they might be cheaper to attend than many of the others on your list.</p>

<p>Haha I guess I fall into it’s ridiculously high? I used princeton’s financial aide calculator after I visited there and fell in love but it said my EFC is like 50,000 or something like that.</p>

<p>^Just to give you an idea, my parents make nicely above the average income in American families, and we still got about $30k from Princeton. The Ivies are your best bet for financial aid, not Olin (I have a friend who got into Olin and Columbia: Olin gave her barely anything, while Columbia gave her $40k).</p>

<p>Really? Thanks ksarmand! That gives me a lot of hope :)) I really appreciate that. Does that mean that the calculators they have aren’t exactly indicative of what they will make you pay?
Also, doesn’t Olin have an automatic scholarship for tuition and you just pay room and board?</p>

<p>^Oh NO. Not anymore. They slashed them; it’s now quite expensive to go there. :(</p>

<p>Oh! I just looked it up, oops that’s embarrassing. That’s really disappointing though. I’ve been thinking about going there since i was a freshman. Such good timing no less. :((</p>

<p>@writergrl94: stanford pays full tuition for anyone making less than 60k, meaning the financial aid office is VERY generous to students who have income brackets well into $200k … the average award package is around 40k. it’s very rare for stanford students paying huge amounts for tuition, unless you’re filthy rich . then you might have a problem …</p>

<p>@BeautifulNerd219, that’s basically what my mom said. i guess i really should consider all of my options !</p>

<p>Thanks justadream92! I had no idea. This is very different from the discouragement against applying that I have encountered elsewhere! :)</p>