2015 African Americans thread...

<p>Our time is almost here:)</p>

<p>I know!! I’m super excited, I just began to finalize my list, but it stinks that college board pushed back the app date 1 whole month…School starts like 2 weeks after August 1st, so I’m gonna have to get a lot done within that time. :frowning:
But I’m gamed!
It kinda seems surreal, because I and I’m sure many of you have been thinking about these days since Middle School and it’s finally here :slight_smile:
We’re growing up.</p>

<p>Hey guys i’m kind of new to this but im soooo excited to start filling out apps!!
I’m glad to see other AAs who are just as enthusiastic about going to college as I am. The majority of AA’s at my school do not even care about what college they will be attending =(</p>

<p>I’m pretty sure I will get rejected almost everywhere :/</p>

<p>So far University ofMaryland-College Park is my top choice…i think it’s a perfect fit for me (so far) I plan on making a visit soon…</p>

<p>^^^ Don’t have that negative attitude !!! Stay positive, that’s what I like to do.</p>

<p>^^eastafrobeauty, let others do the job of being negative for you. Just focus on filling out those apps.</p>

<p>Whooot! So excited to meet some of you guys on college visits :)</p>

<p>My top choice right now is Amherst.</p>

<p>Top Choice is NYU !
I’m no where near as intelligent and hard working as these other AAs on CC =(</p>

<p>Awh, don’t sell yourself short Steffc973 !</p>

<p>I’m applying to 11 schools :confused:
• Boston College
• UChicago
• Columbia
• Brown
• UPenn
• Stanford
• Georgetown
• SMU
• UT Austin
• A&M
• OU</p>

<p>So little buzz about the next up and coming class? Why is this?</p>

<p>Emory is my first choice & #1 dream school so far!!!</p>

<p>WUSTL (washU in st.louis) is a close second!!! :D</p>

<p>ahhh I’m sooo nervous for this upcoming year</p>

<p>I’m sooooo excited!!! I want to get some apps done before august.</p>

<p>@eastafro I was in love with Emory for forever until I realized that I want to stay in the northeast. Its a nice school. :)</p>

<p>I can not wait until august first baby.</p>

<p>it should be todayy commonapp messed with us :(</p>

<p>^ :frowning: more time to procrastinate :(</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Same! I also really wanna stay in the NE but ATL is nice as well. I’m sure I won’t die :P</p>

<p>EVERYBODY ALL AA’S APPLY TO EMORY!!! :D</p>

<p>/my shameless public service announcement.</p>

<p>i’m only able to fill out 1 fall 2011 app, the rest are saying fall 2010 :frowning:
seeing that time is quickly approaching for our college time, it makes me MORE confused about where i’m going. like, i swear i keep changing my college list. i think i’m more interested in texas tech now, when last week i was all about unc chapel hill.</p>

<p>yeah I don’t like the fact that the apps are coming out later this year too, I can already tell that I will not have a life first semester, studying and homework for classes, studying for tests, writing essays and preparing apps for college, woooo so much to do</p>

<p>and I’m with you quortneykolen on the college list thing, I haven’t officially changed mine but I keep looking at other schools out of fear that I might not get into the ones that I want to apply to</p>