2015 African Americans thread...

<p>ugh the things I could’ve accomplished with that extra month. Thanks a lot, commonapp.</p>

<p>looks like senior year will be pretty chaotic for all of us. but we can do it !</p>

<p>@peacelovesoul we’re totally on the same page. i keep having in the back of my mind that i need to apply to more colleges because i’ll get rejected from my top choices.</p>

<p>yup, me too and since the app is coming out a few days before I start school I’m worried I won’t have enough time to apply to more schools. My cousin helped me narrow down my ridiculously long list of schools down to 8 - 2 safeties, 2 matches, 4 reaches, but now I’m like need more safeties, need more matches :confused:
gahhh</p>

<p>Hey, don’t worry, just chill. Eight schools is actually a pretty perfect list, and I am sure that you will get into most, if not all, the schools that you are applying to.</p>

<p>yeah im only applying to 8 schools too… lol 4 reaches 2 matches and 2 safeties as well!</p>

<p>GO Class of '15!!</p>

<p>I’m applying to Old Dominion, George Mason, Temple Uniersity, James Madison and Virginia Commonwealth. I want to stay in the state but man Temple University is my dream school. M Junior year was a grind, 6 AP classes and 4 community college classes but i aced all of them so i hope that works for me. I’m going to be applying Early action/decision and then the waiting game begins haha</p>

<p>^go you! , sounds like you worked pretty hard and I’m sure it’ll pay off big time in the long run</p>

<p>does anyone have any plans for this summer? (other than prepping for college apps and what not) jobs? summer programs? college visits?</p>

<p>I work year round, now at a job at the mall of america, so I guess my life is fun huh? Work, college apps, school work, and that is my routine.</p>

<p>I’ve applied to over a a dozen places, so hopefully I’ll land a job soon. I’m hoping to visit Duke soon though. All my other schools are too far away for me to visit.</p>

<p>Bookmark…</p>

<p>for me, besides working on the college apps, i’m doing a lot more volunteering and college visits. i’m hoping to get a job next month when all of the college kids leave and places are actually hiring lol</p>

<p>I’ve been working at Best Buy for the past year, but this summer i plan on doing a lot more volunteering and get head start on my apps. I’m also doing a few college visits. Going to NYU next friday =)</p>

<p>I’ve been sitting on my a$$ all summer. Oh well.</p>

<p>^That’s what I did last year as well. Just engage in something you find productive: rest, read, and enjoy your youth. You don’t have to do something involving physical displacement in order to discover a topic worthy of a college essay. One of my short responses involved a description of the changes of my facial expressions while reading Hegel’s “Phenomenology of the Spirit,” which I freely admitted to misunderstanding in my response. Have fun with your essays and with your summer - you have a lifetime to work. :)</p>

<p>After this week, my summer will really settle down. No clue what to write essays about…I need inspiration</p>

<p>^^ same here. I have no clue what to write about =/</p>

<p>Already started mine:)</p>

<p>yeah, its frustrating because I know they have to be good and original…but nothing I think of comes out right and sounding like me. I think I might just have to go through a lot of drafts, until something really hits me.</p>

<p>Any one applying to those Fall Diversity programs? I’m applying to so many, so excited, I hope I get accepted :)</p>

<p>I got diversity program offers from Harvey Mudd and Amherst. I’m not in any way interested in HM (plus they have like no black people), so I won’t apply to that one. I’d like to visit Amherst though.</p>

<p>If I get my scores up I might apply to a couple, I really want to apply for Wesleyan’s travel assistance program</p>