2017 Acceptances

Has anyone heard anything yet? My D auditioned at Chicago Unifieds for MT Dance emphasis. I want to say they told her a couple of weeks for notifications, but that must not be right.

@Kentmtmom my D also auditioned for MT Dance Emphasis in Chicago. They announced the decisions would be made by the middle of March to the parents in the holding room. My D had the impression that she might hear earlier though… anxiously waiting!

Thanks @Meanasmom, I think that’s about what all the schools she auditioned for have said. Agree, it seems like some schools are sending out various notifications earlier:)

It’s usually mid-March

@Kentmtmom my D got an email from admissions with instructions for accessing the RU Portal. When you log on you can register for housing. Does this mean she was accepted? It doesn’t say anything about MT.

Hey @Meanasmom ! My D got the same…anyone else? Is this how they notify? Via portal?

@Kentmtmom is your daughter in The Company FB group? There has been some talk about it on there too. Someone said two friends were notified of their dance emphasis acceptance via email. I don’t know if that’s the same email we received or a different one. Be sure to post if you hear anything else!

@Meanasmom no, D isn’t on there. D is dance emphasis. I will definitely post when we hear~Did they hear through their campus email or regular email?

I just called CCPA admissions and the emails that went out were from Roosevelt admissions to students with completed applications. They will start emailing admission decisions for CCPA on Wednesday night for all programs.

Thank you @Meanasmom !

Good work @Meanasmom

The email we got identified D as a ‘freshman, BFA acting student’ clear to register when we signed into RU. We did not receive any type of acceptance other than this, confused. This just went out to everyone with a complete application?

@lakeharper That is what they told me when I called the CCPA admissions office today.

@meanasmom well that stinks! Thank you for the information:)

@lakeharper same but D’s says BFA Musical Theatre

Any idea of the range for talent scholarships at CCPA for theatre students? Like, are we talking $5,000 or $15,000 or $25,000? Other threads say “not much” but of course it’s all relative.

0 to about $15K is my sense.

Thanks! I heard of a MT Dance student who got full tuition…

Has anyone gotten an email today?

@MTmom70 this year? How are people being notified? Regular email or Roosevelt’s email?