2017 Acceptances

Sadness. Just got the email. It’s a no for my D.

Good for him/her MTMom70. You never really know what other people are getting.

Got the email and D is a YES! Now the quest for $$$. She did get a talent scholarship but not for the entire tuition.

Email came through regular email btw~

Pinch me! We got a yes!

Congratulations everyone on the acceptances!!! My son was accepted today too to the BFA MT Voice Emphasis. I am so happy for him! He loves Chicago! He also received a talent scholarship:)

Congrats to your S @theatremom10 and your D @Kentmtmom ! Maybe our kids will be part of the Freshman class come this fall! Our first yes and waiting on 6 more responses.

Congrats @ALS0830 @theatremom10 & @Kentmtmom ! My D got a yes for MT Voice Emphasis :slight_smile:

Congratulations @ALS0830 @cpx4gb and @Kentmtmom !!!We are waiting on 7 more schools. It’ll be interesting to see where they all end up

S got his acceptance the other day :slight_smile: He is thrilled. Now to figure out the money side of it.

My S was accepted for BFA Acting. Waiting to hear from 1 more school before deciding… Anyone know the shows for the 2017-2018 season?

usually they post the next year’s season in April

Thanks @Jkellynh17 !!!

I think around the third week in April usually.

Has anyone’s S or D committed to CCPA? My S just committed this afternoon. What a relief!!

@Jkellynh17 my S has committed to CCPA for MT. What can you tell me about the orientation week in August? Are parents involved at all? Thanks!

Hi @theatremom10 – my S has committed to CCPA for BFA Acting. Feel free to PM me if you want.

D Committed on Friday! BFA MT dance emphasis:)))

Hi, sorry, just saw this. Parents come, help their kids move in on, I think the Friday before orientation week. They are invited to a reception and drinks that afternoon (separate from the kids). They encourage you to take your kid out for dinner that evening, drop them back at the dorm and then disengage. We stayed through that Sunday and did get to see our son one more time before we drove back, but it was quick. The kids have an amazing week – they go on a boat ride around Chicago and see shows and get to know the city and each other. There’s a “showing” where they do their monologue or song for the group. They start working on Freshman showcase. They are super busy and most of them are super happy.

Thank you so much for the information @Jkellynh17 !!!
Congratulations @remartin67 and @Kentmtmom !!
I’ll PM both of you. Such an exciting time for our kids!