2017 Acceptances

Do we know what the season holds for them net year?

I heard it may be announced by next week @ALS0830

OK–we saw CCPA’s production of Sunday in the Park with George yesterday. Holy cow–so professional! An excellent production and it just confirms that we have made the right decision!!! Also, spoke with Ray Frewen, the director, who was sitting right behind us. He remembered my S and he told us some of the shows they will be doing next year. I can’t remember them all but I do remember Three Penny Opera, Pirates of Penzance and Urinetown. I know our kids will be in the Freshman shows but they will have fun seeing these for sure!

Thanks for the report @remartin67!!! I really wish we could have seen the show too. I’m excited to see the list of shows and dates. I definitely plan on attending some of the shows and of course freshman showcase:)

@Jkellynh17 – do you know the full line up of shows for next year?

S spoke with someone at Roosevelt and he remembered that they’re doing Threepenny Opera, The Man Who Came to Dinner…and that was all he could remember because, as he said, “I’m a freshman, I don’t care what I do crew for!”

@remartin67, I haven’t spoken to my S today – did they announce the schedule? I’d heard that Threepenny Opera was a possibility, what a great show to do, now especially.

@Jkellynh17 - Yes, they apparently announced them last Friday. Ray Frewen told us: ThreePenny Opera, Pirates of Penzance, Urinetown… can’t remember the rest and I can’t find anything online yet. Let us know if you hear more!

Friend of mine’s son (not mine) sent his mom a photo of the schedule and here’s what I can decipher:
CCPA Season
Main Stage
Fall

Threepenny Opera
Goodnight Desdemona (Good Morning Juliet) (feminist retake on Othello and R&J)
The Man Who Came to Dinner

Spring
Summer and Smoke
VIVID Showcase
Pirates of Penzance

Black Box
Fall
Freshman Showcase
The Seagull
TBA
TBA
Sgt. Pepper’s Magical Mystery Tour

Spring
Freshman Spotlight (Freshman Acting showcase)
American Songbook (Freshman MT V showcase)
Hedda’s Gabblers (based on the Ibsen play)
Freshman Footlights (Freshman MT D showcase)
Urinetown
RU Serious?

Thanks!!! I forgot about Summer & Smoke and The Man Who Came to Dinner!

Thanks @Jkellynh17!! Are there any dates listed?

Yes, if you PM me, I will send you the photos.