2018 Acceptances

Has anybody heard anything for MT for 2018 yet?

No, anxiously awaiting! I emailed today about an unrelated question and also asked when we might hear back about admissions. Haven’t gotten a response yet though, but I’ll share when I do :slight_smile:

I got an e-mail at 1:12 P.M. EST saying I am on the waitlist for Roosevelt’s CCPA!

We committed to CCPA last night!

I’m hoping to learn more about their MT program. We have an acceptance, but don’t know alot about the program itself. Anyone out there with opinions or advice?

Waitlist for my D.

My daughter committed last weekend for MT dance concentration. I would love to chat with fellow CCPA parents. If anyone knows of a parents page please let me know or we can start one. I do know a couple of kids decided to not attend CCPA so there may be movement on WL. I know schools do accept more than they want to get their yield but it think this one may move quickly. Good luck to those on the WL. Hope to “meet” you all soon.

@dramamama63 My daughter is so looking forward to attending CCPA. Did you happen to go to accepted students day? I do know there are a couple of moms who have children attending I will tag them and hopefully they can jump on and fill you in. @theatremom10

That’s wonderful news @emdcollege !!!
My son is a freshman MT major for those of you that may have any questions. Please feel free to ask anything! My son is very happy with the program and loves Chicago

Congrats to you all! If anyone has questions, my S is a CCPA Acting major about to finish his Freshman year. Would be happy to answer any questions I can.

We attended accepted student day last week with my daughter…she still hasn’t committed 100% but she was excited with what she saw. Can any of the current CCPA parents weigh in on the “community” within the program? Clearly the training will be top notch–I am curious if it is a tight knit group, supportive, social…These things are also very important to my girl. She want to train hard but also wants to experience “college” socially and take advantage of the city’s many fun offerings…

Hi @evcvmom ! My S is a freshman MT. The freshman class is close and social with one another. My S is also close to the upper classmen as well. They have gone to the movies, shows etc in the city together and have even met up in NYC over winter break. If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out!!:slight_smile:

@evcvmom - My S has built some really close friendships. The kids hang out and see movies and shows in the city–theatre at the Goodman, Steppenwolf, etc.–alot of times they get really great deals through the school. They even went swimming in the lake at the beginning of the year when it was hot! A lot of upper classmen live in Lincoln Park and my S has often been asked to DJ the parties after shows, etc. It’s very social and Chicago has so much to offer! PM me if you have specific questions.

Hi all! I am committed to CCPA MT and was just wondering if there are any current CCPA students on here that I could chat with about the program. If not, does anyone know a place that I can? Thanks!

Hi @jenrenalt My son is a freshman MT at CCPA. There is an accepted students group on Facebook. Are you on Facebook? There is also another group called The Green Room. It’s for all the students auditioning and alumni. You can ask in there about the CCPA group, but I’m sure if you search for it, you’ll find it. Congratulations!!