2018 Applicants/Discussion Thread

<p>Hello all! I thought I'd start a thread to discuss anything you'd like from applying to class of 2018/SU, what major you'd like to pursue, or if you have questions feel free to post. This site can use some activity! :)</p>

<p>We visited Southwestern several weeks ago and we loved it. My daughter is undecided in her major as of now. She loved how friendly the staff was and the campus was so beautiful. It felt like home to her. Be sure to eat at Monument Cafe if you plan on visiting. It was on the food network channel and the food was awesome.</p>

<p>I forgot to mention that my daughter is applying to Southwestern EA! She cannot wait for her decision.</p>

<p>I’m applying EA! I visited Southwestern because it’s less than half an hour away from my house, and the staff are the nicest people I’ve ever met. I’m going up there again in a couple days to interview, sit in on a biology class (I hope to major in bio), and talk with a theater professor.</p>

<p>My daughter got accepted! Applied EA. She is very excited!</p>

<p>Yay for Txqueso’s DD. My son is a junior at SU and we also live close by. I’ve had a couple of messages from newjersey17, so y’all let me know if you have any questions and I’ll see if I can help.</p>

<p>NJ17, I’m checking on your last question about dorms; I’m asking my son’s GF. (My son lived in Ruter for two years, which is the most centrally located – and cheapest! – dorm, but it’s all guys). I will tell all of you that housing on campus (which is required for your first two years, even if your parents live in the area) is very tight, so get your housing preferences in asap.</p>

<p>This is a question for really anyone who can answer it: the president called me the day after Christmas to congratulate me on getting in and I got the Cody scholarship, so should I be hopeful about getting an interview for the Brown scholarship? Or is that just one of those this-is-a-small-school-and-that’s-normal things?</p>

<p>I just recently paid my deposit! Proud to officially be a pirate :)!!!</p>

<p>I’m going Pre-Med and got a huge scholarship :)</p>

<p>Son was admitted, with a Cody scholarship of 26K per year. ATXPreMed, what’s huge? :)</p>

<p>Has anyone heard about the Brown scholarship, yet?</p>

<p>@David1959, we should be hearing back soon. They said February 15th, but since it’s a Saturday, I’m assuming it’ll be a little later.</p>

<p>Did you get invited Koalathebear? My S missed the cut, barely. I hear only 15 of 120 are invited for interviews. Good Luck! </p>

<p>I’m a little bothered by all the “How nice everyone is”. And it does’t interest my daughter, either, who is academically talented. Also, I just looked at College Navigator, their applicant ACT scores are very low. No offense intended, but they are 4th or 5th-rate i that regard. I wonder.</p>