2020 actuals?

Hi there, are enrollment actuals out for 2020 fall admissions with 2021 projections? My daughter just graduated for CP slo in June and my rising junior son is starting to form his college list and explore majors, cal poly is high on his list. Thanks in advance!

Is this what you are looking for? First Year Profile

2022-2023 Projections may be out in the Fall.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

I thought CPSLO’s max GPA was 4.2, based on other threads. My question is how then is the 75%ile mark above 4.2 in some cases on this first year profile sheet?

I must be missing something, or the 4.2 isn’t the max. Can someone clarify? @lkg4answers @gumbymom @eyemgh?

The original MCA information from 2013 had the SLO GPA capped at 4.2 but the admit ranges posted for the last few years has been higher so they probably do not cap the GPA anymore. If you calculate the maximum SLO GPA using 9-11th grades and an 8 semester honors point cap, the maximum would be around a 4.3-4.4.

MCA is still referred to in the SLO applicant review but no specifics on how it is calculated since 2013.

1 Like

It’s very hard to get above 4.3 unless a student takes fewer courses that is typical for today’s HS students.

As for whether the MCA is still capped at 4.2, versus what they report, no one knows. They did report GPAs above 4.2 when the MCA was known to be capped at 4.2. For the purposes of the MCA they just rounded all GPAs above 4.2 down to 4.20.

1 Like

Thanks @gumbymom and @eyemgh, all very helpful. It’s tough to categorize schools for students when the formula is unknown, and without test scores impossible to know if the previous weight of tests went fully to GPA or was spread over the other factors as well.

With pass/fail courses from 2020 and early this year, it would be possible to get higher than a 4.3 and maximum would still be 4.4 regardless. In normal times, then I agree that anything over a 4.3 is highly unlikely.

1 Like

The formula is only known at a very few schools.