2021-2022 USC Transfer

I really hope some decisions could come out this week. I’m a SGR, and they said they already received my Spring Grades over the weekend, although that’s probably the system simply receiving it not it actually being reviewed. I heard sometimes if you send a SGR, they respond really quick, so I really hope this week is the week.

4 Likes

In terms of acceptances, there was only the first wave which happened around April 23rd, so do we think the second big wave can be this week? I mean if not this week, it’ll most likely be next week cause they only got up until June 1st to give everyone either a SGR or decision.

No one knows at this point. It’s been so many weeks where we think they’ll come out, and then they never end up showing. It’s just tiresome to keep assuming what they’ll do. Only one can hope that they can get their act together this Friday

4 Likes

Everyone’s talking about an SGR, is that basically the same thing as a WGR (winter grades request?)

No. A SGR specifically is requested to look at and evaluate your Spring Grades for admission. Some may or may not receive an SGR. A WGR is requested for looking at Winter courses and grades. An SGR may delay a final decision till July 31 (very latest), but a WGR does not.

Honestly, ur rt - speculation has been incorrect thus far and really idk wt to expect from admissions other than something by May 31st. I also need to apologize on my behalf for continually getting the wrong predictions. I hope this week will finally be the one, but I won’t hold any expectation - I will just wait for the email notification now.

4 Likes

No need to apologize. I think most people want to believe that it will be this week. I think it’s a good thing to be positive and expect the best from them, but it’s getting hard to do that when our hopes are put down.

3 Likes

I feel like a wave will be released this week. Except if they wanna be extra and wait to let everyone know next week which is highly unlikely

Because at that point it is not even rolling admissions its like usual ish

the real question is who is going to find out this week and who will find out next week lol

Its not unlikely… its still within there timeline and they may just decide to release it all at once (like they do the Freshman applicants on 31 March). I am hopeful for a wave to come this week since 20-21May is a past trend. Time will tell…

1 Like

I submitted my SGR on may 4th and haven’t received a decision yet. I also heard some people getting a decision soon after submitting SGRs but I wouldn’t get your hopes up.

This week we should definitely see some movement- Hopefully a big wave! We waited months for decisions so we can survive a couple days!!! Good luck to all of you!

7 Likes

Say it louder for those all the way in the back lol… we have waited since January. What is a few more more days? or even one more week?

4 Likes

Thanks for the clarification. I wish you all the best hopefully the long and excruciating wait will be over soon.

2 Likes

It was killing me when USC somehow forgot to notify me by June 1st the year I got accepted, lol. I only had to wait 5 more days to find out my fate, but I seriously thought they had forgotten about me since I went without any kind of decision. Still, it wasn’t nearly as bad when I got an SGR the year before. That wait can really be killer. I hope too many of you don’t have to go through that.

Wait… is this your 3rd time applying for USC? or am I misreading?

1 Like

did anyone here submit sat/act scores?

Yep, I submitted my 1500 SAT - thought it’d help balance my low HS GPA 3.3.

I’m guessing they got admitted last year and are a current USC student by the sound of it?

1 Like