2021-2022 USC Transfer

No i literally am getting rejected… I forgot to take english 102… rip

Some students have received their decisions already? :open_mouth:

Just spring grade report requests, I haven’t heard of anyone get fully accepted or rejected yet.

oh shoot… maybe you can find an 8 week class or a short term class and take it now? My 8 week class starts next week but I’m not sure how your school works!

You could possibly take the English course during the summer at a community college and let USC admissions know now that you will be taking it in the summer.

i thought you dont have to have all of GEs completed in order to transfer… they just suggest to have more than 30 credits in order for admissions to not consider your high school transcript in their decision

Yeah that’s what I heard. There is however 2 courses that they really want you to take before going to USC which is a certain type of math course and writing course. I am taking the math requirement this semester but the university I am at now does not let me taking the writing class USC wanted me to take because the class is reserved for upperclassmen and I am a freshman. So I emailed my admissions counselor and she said it was fine if I didn’t have the writing course and that I could just take it at USC.

2 Likes

Yeah same thing happened to me with math. I can’t take the math one they want because they don’t offer it to freshman in my college

1 Like

@asospos09
I got an interview for today for SCA (film production) and my interview is supposed to be in around 4 hours and my interviewer still hasn’t confirmed the time or sent me a zoom link… I emailed again asking for her to confirm but it’s making me a little nervous. Did you get your interview zoom link the day of interview?

its too late in the semester for me sadly. I dont think I could afford it anyway bc I dont qualify for fin aid. plus I from NY so it would be extra expensive. Maybe for grad school. I feel kinda dumb because i spent the most time stressing over my essays and crafted them to perfection just to have an oversight on the admissions requirements. I did the same thing at chapman.

Congrats on the interview!! Hopefully it all goes well. Hopefully they get back to you ASAP about the timing. Good luck!

I’m pretty scared that I haven’t been offered one yet.

1 Like

Yess! He wanted to have one in 2-3 hours after sending me the first email. And she will get back to you before the time slot dw. Also, although the questions differ, be prepared to answer why USC specifically, and have questions to ask.

Thank you so so much!

Read my previous post in this chain about interviews!

I just checked my portal and my college transcript finally has the received check LOL. I sent them jan 20. I know a lot of people still had it as awaiting so just an update I guess:)

2 Likes

Checked my portal an hour ago…been crying the whole time…TTP and legacy…SGR…not ok. I know everyone is going to say that’s normal hahahahhaha but I am not ok.

Explain why its not okay to get a SGR as a TTP and legacy?

Are you an incoming sophomore or freshman if you don’t mind me asking?

Relax and take a deep breath.

Many (if not most) TTP transfer applicants receive the SGR request including those with perfect 4.0 GPAs from their first semester.

Stay the course and you will be fine.

what’s ur major? any major classes in progress for spring? and gpa if u don’t mind telling plz?