2021 fall application mistake

Hello!

I am oos and I made a few error on the A-G matching section of the application. I also forgot an honors class that I took freshman year. I put psychology in for section A and also marked health for all 4 years for section G and I also believe I put another incorrect history in for G. Some of my classes are completely different then California high schools and I’m stressed whether or not they will recalculate my GPA correctly and if not, what will happen if I get accepted and send my transcript with a missing class freshman year and incorrectly matched A-G classes.

As an OOS applicant, it is difficult to match the a-g courses for the application.

1. OOS HS Honors classes are not recognized by CSU admissions. Only AP/IB classes taken 10-11th grades for the CSU GPA calculation.

2. Health is not considered an a-g course so it should not be listed on the application.

What you can do now is contact CSULB admissions and send your corrections so they can be placed into your file. If you did the a-g matching incorrectly, your application will be flagged and they may ask for a Mid-year Senior transcript prior to your acceptance to verify any corrections/mistakes.

Keep any correspondence you receive back just in case you are rejected and want to file an appeal.

The CSU GPA is calculated based on the a-g courses with a maximum 8 semester cap for AP/IB classes taken 10-11th grades.

Thank you so much for the response! So should I even include the missing class freshman year in the email?

You should include all classes that were suppose to be listed since your self reported classes and grades will be checked against your HS transcript. Discrepancies could result in your provisional admission being rescinded.

You would report the Freshman Psychology class just as a regular course under Category G.