2022 Application Numbers

Where did Exeter day this though?

1 Like

That can’t be accurate. For reference, Exeter received 3,527 applications last year.

1 Like

do u think andover is around the same number??

andover possibly had more. congrats on your andover offer!

2 Likes

1800 apps for Exter seems strangely low. Where’d you get that number?

4 Likes

A very reliable source, that’s all I can say…

Yeah that Exeter number quite low…

1 Like

I have recently heard that there is a trend this year away from schools that could be considered pressure cookers…but I can’t imagine applications would be down 50% because of that.

I can add to those numbers that St. George’s had 1200 applications this year, up from 1000 last year, and about 600 in previous years.

1 Like

If this number is correct, I wonder if there are families who are steering clear of schools who may be radically changing curriculums due to increased emphasis on current events or DEI. Some schools are far different than they were even 5 years ago. The pressure cooker aspect is also a possible factor, and one that need to be examined seriously by schools. Mental health of kids is important, more important than ever since Covid.

3 Likes

The Exeter number is wrong. It’s likely around 3800, not 1800.

There is continued increased demand for high-quality high schools, regardless of supposed “pressure cooker” status and/or alleged concerns about “DEI”.

10 Likes

Where did you get these? Iirc didn’t Exeter have like 4000 applicants last year

Wait, did you ask an Admissions Officer or something? Or did you ask a student at the schools…?

1 Like

You’re heading in the right direction

Sorry, it posted before I was done. It was not a student.

So this came from an AO?

1 Like

Yes; I have no reason to believe that she would provide misleading info. As several on here have pointed out though, the numbers in previous years were much larger. If in fact these are accurate figures for 2022, I wonder what changed? My sharing what I was told serves no purpose unless it helps others on here to be kept informed! We’ll all have to see shortly!

Let’s all assume the Exeter number is wrong and move on please.

2 Likes

Do you think colleges look at schools which have overhauled curriculums due to DEI any differently?

No, I doubt it, many of them are doing the same. But I’m personally wary of schools that make huge changes in short periods of time or have knee-jerk reactions and wildly shift course.

No.