2022 Application Numbers

I saw somewhere else on here that it was around 3100

I saw a Lawrenceville acceptance letter somewhere, and it said there was more than 2500 apps.

Three that I saw:
Deerfield 2400 applications for 200 spots
Taft 1600 applications for 160 spots
Groton 1550 applications for 90 spots.

1 Like

NMH says there were over 1500 applications this year. I don’t know if it was for 9th only or all grades.

Breaking the DA number out a bit more. We were told 770+ 9th grade boy applicants for 77 spots.

1 Like

Yes, Exeter was “over 3,100 applications.”

For NMH, our WL letter said over 1,500 applications as well- son applied for 10th grade. My assumption is that is total number not by entry grade…

2 Likes

Admission rate was just under 8% for Lville this year.

1 Like

No way! It was over double that when I applied…

It’s so crazy. We targeted less competitive schools for Kiddo2 this year, and it turns out the schools to which he applied had lower acceptance rates this year than the top tier schools Kiddo1 applied to two years ago.

5 Likes

can you share examples of the less competitive schools and their lower acceptance rates?

where is this figure from? just curious

It’s closer to 14%; the acceptance letter said that there were >2500 applications, and during Discovery Days, the Dean of Admissions specifically mentioned that there were 358 acceptances.

The admissions office gave that number to an applicants parent. It’s possible though that it was specific to her child’s “bucket”.

Exeter had ~3,400 applicants this year.