2022 Rockefeller SSRP

I’m a junior, was rejected last year after getting “you made it to round 2” email (that didn’t happen this year). My GPA is ~3.6, no SAT yet. I had a great letter-writer and I totally busted my butt on the essays, esp the “explain research to a 5th grader” thing. I read the original research paper and some related papers and incorporated that. I have research experience (mostly in programs, not independent lab research). I am a FT NYC resident. But I have no idea what clicked and am just very grateful it worked out! I have many other apps pending but this is the only decision I’ve received so far.

Hey I got accepted too and I filled out my acceptance form, idk what to do next tho they haven’t contacted me since then :sob:

How was the experience to this program?

If you do not get an interview, does that mean you are not getting into the program?

1 Like

I don’t think so as they may still be processing applications? But I haven’t heard back from them about interviews either.

Some people got interviews since end of feb/beginning of march.

Were they notified by email? Because I didn’t receive any updates from them after I applied. Have you got an interview yet?

there is a thread on https://www.reddit.com/r/summerprogramresults where some people got interviews. My son didn’t get any emails/response from them.

I am looking into this, but most of the threads are about the SSRP at Stony Brook, not Rockefeller, would you mind sharing a link to that thread where people say they got an interview for the program?

here is the link - https://www.reddit.com/r/summerprogramresults/comments/11enq39/has_anyone_heard_from_rockefeller_summer_program/

I had gotten an interview offer in late February and actually did the interview in early March. I do have a question though, does anybody know anyone who did the program that wasn’t from NY? If you get in from like NJ, and since they don’t provide accommodations and just travel expenses, how would one actually do the program? Would you have to get a single apartment with another out-of-state applicant or something?