2022 Simons Summer Research Program (SSRP)

international?

Do you get any response from the Simons?

US citizen living out of States.

Thank you!

Thanks. Hope they are kinder than Simons :slight_smile: Good luck.

Sadly rejected from Simons.
I think International applicants hear earlier from SSP.

I got accepted. Are there any other accepted students trying to make a group chat or something?

When did you get the acceptance email? Today?

I got it 3/31

1 Like

Would the students who got into, share what they think might have favored the decision in their favor ? Particularly, anything done in the past that may have gotten into the lab/subject that they indicated ?

1 Like

Did everyone receive the results from SSRP? My D didn’t get rejection or acceptance.

Discord server for accepted students: Discord

Do you mind sharing your stats? I had applied to Prasanna too

Do you mind sharing your stats? I applied to the same program and mentors

Can you tell us when is the commitment due date?

Sorry for the late response
@swfanatic @David_D → I don’t think my stats are that impressive. I did a research project last summer at a T20 and I’m currently doing a research project at my school’s research program. I think this level of experience is pretty common for applicants, but I got lucky because both these projects are in the realm of “using deep learning for medical image/signal analysis.” The alignment of research interests with Prasanna is probably what got me in. Unrelated to research, I’m USACO Gold (don’t know how much significance this has). In my essays (last two questions), I tried to show my knowledge of the field. My essays for the first four questions were pretty meh. Again, I do want to stress that there’s a pretty big luck factor; if the available mentors were different, chances are I wouldn’t get in. This is basically the only program I’ve gotten into over the course of my sophomore and junior year.

@lsyangela I think it was 4/8? Sometime early in April

Hey, could you resend the invite. it’s invalid

Hey! I’m also trying to connect to my field of research but I’m having trouble how to write the last two essays. Do you have tips? Also is it good to showcase our dedication to social causes or would it be better to only focus on science? Thanks!

1 Like

Hi!
I’m applying to SSRP this summer. Can any alum speak about their experiences from this program?