2023 Sorority Recruitment Information

Texas Panhellenic has released recruitment information!

If you have any questions, my daughter is a rising junior who is very active and happy with her sorority.

http://texaspanhellenic.com/recruitment-week-schedule-and-attire

My daughter is excited for UT and rush. We are out of state, so she is hoping to make connections. Any advice would be appreciated🧡

1 Like

Follow Texas Panhellenic and every sorority on IG.

Get a feel for them.

Find a Panhellenic organization in your area to help with letters of recommendation if the sorority wants it. Ask all your friends if they have sorority ties and can write letters.

Request to join UT Sorority Moms and ask questions! You may get DMs from moms offering to help you through the process. You can DM me if you’d like! Where is your daughter living? Start reaching out to others staying there.

Have her go into Recruitment with a completely open mind. Since you are OOS, that will be easier to do. No connections or expectations to want only certain ones for whatever reason. Greek life is about 14% of the population. Recruitment can be stressful, but regardless of where she ends up, most all of the fraternities and sororities mix and mingle.

She can reach out to sorority members now but after a certain time (not sure when that is), they won’t be able to reply.

Never talk badly of any sorority. It will get back to them, and everyone has friends in other sororities.

Tell her to be herself and trust where she feels most her self now and where she feels she can grow into her even better self.

If she finds Greek life isn’t for her, there are nearly a dozen spirit organizations that function in much the same way.

1 Like

Oh thank you so much! She is living at Hardin House next fall. I was a Pi Phi at Arkansas a gazillion years ago. I have so many friends in a lot of different houses. My daughter is excited to find her people🧡. She is my oldest and been an independent thinker since she could walk. I love that about her! She has followed all the houses on insta and turned in all of her recs/letters as of May 1st. I wish there was a summer weekend or some fun event before rush, but maybe that isn’t something they do there. I just didn’t want her cut by every house for not knowing many girls. At Arkansas, it’s all about having friends that can pull for you. Her resume is great, but I am sure everyone’s is that got into UT. Thank you so much for taking the time to reply!

1 Like

There aren’t any formal events, but there are summer events she could be invited to if in town. If your daughter would like to talk to mine, DM me!

1 Like

So sorry- I think because I just created an account it won’t let me DM bc of all the spam. If you don’t mind to send me a message, I’d appreciate it. New to everything college since this is my first leaving the nest!

1 Like

Hi Everyone! My name is Claudia and I am a rising freshman who will be participating in sorority rush this fall at the University of Arkansas. It is (strongly) reccomended that each girl have a letter of reccomendation for each sorority. Does anyone have any advice on where to gather these letters, or know anyone who would be willing to write one for me?

The sororities at the University of Arkansas are:

Alpha Chi Omega, Alpha Delta Pi, Alpha Omicron Pi, Chi Omega, Delta Delta Delta, Delta Gammaa, Kappa Delta, Kappa Kappa Gamma, Pi Beta Phi, Zeta Tau Alpha

Thank you all so much for the help!

Claudia

There should be a Panhellic group in your town or city. They sometimes have summer events for locals to attend, and they can help with letters of recommendation. You can also request a letter from any of those national organization and they will ask for a resume and a detailed list of your activities. They may have an alum local to you meet you for coffee or call you on the phone to get more info.

I used to do them for my sorority but stopped because, honestly, there was nothing in the recs that wasn’t in the resume you provide when you sign up. Even for my niece who I’d know since the day she was born I didn’t know the answers (GPA, activities, intended major). Not saying not to get them if Arkansas asked for them, but I don’t think they have the weight they once did.