2026 BFA Prescreen Results

I guess you can take solace knowing that many others are going through the same thing. So far this process has been a lot of time, money, and waiting. At this point I’m not sure we are going to find the right landing spot considering acceptance, cost and fit and it is keeping me up at night.

4 Likes

MT Pre-Screen Responses so far from

Syracuse
TCU
Slippery Rock
Ithaca
Tampa
Florida Southern
Point Park
Indiana
FSU
CAP21/Molloy

Waiting on a couple more - Others were direct schedule auditions

2 Likes

Well, finally something from BOCO. Live audition waitlisted due to high number of applicants. Final results released via email by mid-December. Ugh.

3 Likes

Same with us regarding Boco audition waitlist…who even knew that was an option?!

2 Likes

Right??!?!?!?! Lets throw another level into an already tedious process. I guess they saw something positive or it would have been a straight NO.

5 Likes

oh thank u to everyone who replied to this! i got a waitlist email today at 5. fingers crossed haha

2 Likes

I totally agree!!!

1 Like

They had an audition waitlist in 2020 as well. It’s nice of them to go through the trouble since some schools let empty spots just stay in their schedule.

2 Likes

i’m a btdt whose kid is doing a gap year. she was waitlisted for boco prescreens last year which turned into a no sadly.
the process is crazy but it does end in march and most kids do find their homes and happily enter college. the gap year option was also a great one for us…even tho my kid had some wonderful options.
good luck to all!!!

3 Likes

Is your daughter going through this process again? I have a friend whose son did a gap year and it worked out great for him.

2 Likes

Is your FSU Florida State? If so when did you hear? We are still waiting.

Didnt apply to the other two, but applied to UMich on 10/11 and heard 11/13.

2 Likes

FSU sent 9/26 heard back 11/17.

3 Likes

@purpleviolet Was it a pass at U Mich?

@Allie_Velasco1 (just realized we can tag people!) - yes, she passed

2 Likes

@purpleviolet That is so awesome! Congratulations!!!

Congratulations! Did she apply EA? We submitted towards end of October (RD) and still waiting to hear back.

Has anyone heard back from Montclair State yet?

@Allie_Velasco1, thank you :slight_smile: she is very excited and VERY cautiously optimistic :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

@mgpmom i am pretty sure it was RD but I’ll check with her when she gets home

1 Like