2027 Columbia Waitlist Thread

To discuss about the Columbia waitlist for this year!

Does anyone have any clue about the waitlist selectivity? Also, did anyone receive an email a few days ago about the waitlist? I saw someone got the email although they didn’t submit their LOCI while I did and didn’t get the email. I also saw the email; interestingly, they said that you had to submit the LOCI to be considered for admission compared to on the portal where they encouraged it.

Encouraged, required - same thing. If you don’t bother, why would they ?

Have you fallen in love with another school ? Your odds of success are better there vs a waitlist.

Indeed I’ve alr fallen in love with another school and committed there but I am just curious abt the Columbia waitlist

1 Like

I mean I have alr submitted the LOCI

Then please withdraw from waitlist. There are other people who are genuinely in love with Columbia.

Nah I love Columbia and would go if I got off. I meant that in the meantime I had to commit to another college I love.

Hey guys, just want to let you know that I may found a Portal Myth for Columbia University.

We can have a try later, around May 15th.

The step is: go to the Columbia Housing portal (https://columbia.starrezhousing.com/StarRezPortalX/9840944C/1/1/Home-Home?UrlToken=5AAED5F2)

Then click create your password/login (I recommend you guys try both), just follow the instructions and see whether you can set your password or login. If you want to try the log in one, your password is your birthday in MMDDYear order (in my case is 09092004)

According to this page(https://www.housing.columbia.edu/content/first-year-application),

The Housing Application is completed through the Columbia Housing Portal. When the application opens, you will not yet have a University-assigned University Network ID (UNI).

To log in and begin the application, you will need to use* *your Columbia ID number. This 9-digit number can be found at the top right of the Admissions Portal.

This way avoid the UNI ID login, as we all know that this requires deposit and the secured place.

Oh no I’m getting astrology flashbacks (none of them went my way)

lol the Berkeley’ s portal astrology works for me, i would say we shall try this by May 5th?

Is there anyone who knows any movement of waitlist?

nope, no movement from what I know

1 Like

I don’t think that they are doing anything rn

They sent out a email a while ago saying if spots become available, they will send out notifications through emails in a rolling fashion, but no earlier than 5/15.

1 Like

when did they send this email?

roughly two weeks ago.

I didn’t get any email weird

We got it on 4/17. just a routine email confirming our choice of staying on waitlist, stating that LOCI is mandatory to be considered, etc. and the rough timeline.

I also got that email

when you received the email you had already sent your LOCI?