2027 Columbia Waitlist Thread

No, submitted LOCI a few days after getting the email.

That might have been the reason, I also submitted my LOCI after the email

I received this on April 18th; I didnā€™t upload my LOCI at that time, since the portal says

If your interest in Columbia remains very high, please submit a brief supplementary statement (one-page maximum) through your application status portal by April 24

I upload my LOCI after this since it says if u want the selection process continue, u need to upload a LOCI.

I thought this supplemental was supposed to be my LOCI. I didnā€™t submit anything else besides a one page document. Did you get anything else saying you needed to submit more?

It seems that only people who didnā€™t submit the LOCI (ā€œsupplementary statementā€) received an email reminding them to do it. If you did it already, you wouldnā€™t have received that email. Actually, in the initial waitlist decision, the supplementary statement sounded like it was an option, and the reminder email made it sound like it was mandatory.

Yeah, I would say this may indicate something. Either the waitlist amount is too big that they have to reduce their workload by sending mail to people who havenā€™t uploaded their LOCI (Indicating they didnā€™t have much passion for Columbia). Or they just want more people from the waitlist since the class of 2027 has plenty of spaces, and they have to do the selection from the waitlist.

Both cases stands.

Know of 2 people that got off the WL yesterday!

How were they notified?

Email

1 Like

do uk for what majors?

Both for Columbia College

Do you know which state they are in?

1 Like

We were told by GC it will be a phone call. How much time they gave to respond?

one week, so until this upcoming Friday. Iā€™m not sure if CC and SEAS are released separately, but iā€™ve only heard of CC waitlist admittances so far.

yes, seas and cc are released separately, at least according to 26s and 25s, they did.

2 Likes

Yea p sure their admissions work kinda separately. They even have separate CDS pages.

1 Like

Did anyone get notified by phone call?

1 Like

Hope to hear some movements soonā€¦

Probably on friday

Do they just call to candidate but not email? What about if somebody misses the phone call?

1 Like