25 more faculty to be hired this year

<p>On</a> Campus: UW-Madison tuition surcharge will fund 80 new faculty</p>

<p>Bringing total to 80.</p>

<p>Hiring social science Prof’s is less expensive. Hiring science Prof’s requires certain facilities and hardware/tools in order to make it work. Are we hiring full prof’s or assistant prof’s? Established faculties can bring in their research grants, and more expensive. Freshly minted Ph.D.'s or Postoc’s requires less on salary but more in equipment/facility.</p>

<p>A mix. Econ hired 4 top seniors and some assts. with a mix of $$$</p>

<p>[Recruiting</a> the Best | University of Wisconsin Foundation](<a href=“http://www.supportuw.org/stories/feature/recruiting-the-best/]Recruiting”>Recruiting the Best | University of Wisconsin Foundation)</p>

<p>I’d think it’s case by case but most will be tenure track assts. Sciences have not been underfunded as much nor have they lost as many people. But I believe Chemistry got a few in the first rounds. UW has been adding new labs at a fast pace and has the room in most sciences. Biochem, chemistry, microbial sciences, medical sciences and the Institutes for Discovery have all added many millions $$$s in labs and other spaces over the last 10 years.</p>

<p>I am glad to see my tax dollar (and tuition) being spent at a right project for a change! I am 100% behind it.</p>

<p>Not tax dollars.</p>