3.0 UC Senior Year Requirement?

Hello, I am currently a senior and my 1st semester has just ended. I received a 2.8 unweighted this semester and I plan to get around a 4.0 next semester. My overall gpa is 3.5 with strong extracurriculars. I am hearing that they check each semester for 3.0 and I am also hearing that they round both semesters together for the final gpa. Can someone confirm to me which one it is? If they count it per semester will I not be considered? Please help i’m afraid all my years will go to waste. Who do I contact if this makes me ineligible? I’m looking to get into ucsd or uci

The UCs look at your final grades for senior year.

Each UC may have slightly different admission conditions (e.g. using weighted or unweighted GPA). Read them carefully. It is also possible that you may have different conditions from the generic ones; these will be in your admission notification.

UCI’s generic conditions are at https://www.admissions.uci.edu/myadm/freshman_contract.html .

UCLA/UCB have required an unweighted 3.0 GPA for Senior year and no more than 2 C’s. The rest of the UC’s has been 3.0 weighted.