$300 enrollment fee

<p>If I pay this fee does it mean I am enrolling myself (binding) or does it gave me a safety spot if i do choose to enroll?</p>

<p>Just a safety spot</p>

<p>But it is considered to be really bad practice to pay the deposit then not attend, if for no other reason than that you are taking a spot that could have been given to a waitlisted applicant.</p>

<p>Noo UM is my top choice and I want to enroll now but my parents are making me wait unitl i hear from all my schools so i don’t end up “regretting my choice” so im not trying to take the spot of a waitlisted student</p>

<p>my parents are making me do the same exact thing. its so frustrating cause miami has always been my top choice and now i have to wait to do housing and such. there is no way i wont have a spot as long as i put in my deposit by mid march beginning of april correct?</p>

<p>regular decision doesn’t come out until april 15th i think so youll definitely have a spot</p>

<p>oh yeah i didn’t even think of that. thanks!</p>

<p>UMiami isn’t going to give up your spot. You have until May 1 or 2 to decide. Rankir, how does Housing work? I don’t believe freshmen can request a particular dorm, right? They are just assigned.</p>

<p>Rice1961, when I applied we were able to submit a preference.</p>

<p>you get to rank your 1st choice between the 2</p>