32 on the ACT, without writing

<p>Hi everyone,</p>

<p>I’ve from out of state, and I’ve been very interested in Alabama’s guaranteed merit scholarships. I have a 3.7 unweighted GPA, and I just received my results from the April state-mandated ACT and received a 32. </p>

<p>That 32 was a long shot for me - the last time I took the ACT I received a 29 and prepped for a really long time to boost my score. I only have ever received a 30 on most practice tests. </p>

<p>Unfortunately, this ACT did not include the writing test, as it was taken on a Wednesday and every junior in my state took the test. I understand that Alabama requires the writing test for their ACT score.</p>

<p>I’m not feeling very confident that I can reach a 32 again. Maybe I’m just being pessimistic, but I’m really worried, and the next test isn’t until September.</p>

<p>Will Alabama consider this 32 at all, since it’s without writing? I feel like I know the answer to this, but I just wanted to make sure.</p>

<p>Thank you!</p>

<p>As far as I’m aware, you can send in the 32 as well as a test with writing. The 32 will be used for scholarships - I’m not really sure what they use writing for, but as long as you send both, the highest composite is used.
Congratulations on your score! </p>

<p>Congrats! Yes my DD’s 32 was on the state test as well with no writing. As long as Alabama has at least one test with writing from you that is all they need. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Wow, this is a huge relief! The merit aid at Alabama is really amazing, so I’m glad I have this opportunity still.</p>

<p>Thank you both very much!</p>

<p>Hi Lico15, Congratulations! And Roll Tide! Do you get your results as soon as you finish your ACT? I know when I saw my highest GRE score after taking the GRE for the third time, I almost forgot that I had to be quiet. I was so excited and filled with joy. Its a great feeling to make a personal best, beating your score on practice exams. </p>

<p>No worries. I e-mailed the scholarship office about this when my D was applying. They told me that the writing test was an Admissions requirement, not a Scholarship requirement, and if you have a 32, you’ll get the scholarship even if the 32 isn’t from the sitting when you take the writing test.</p>

<p>@Atlanta68 - No, the ACT results take about 6-8 weeks to process, but it was still a pretty great moment when I opened the letter so I know how you feel!</p>

<p>@beth’s mom - Awesome! I e-mailed them a couple days ago but haven’t heard a response, so that’s very reassuring.</p>