4.0 with a D....community college?

<p>Ok, here are my semester grades:
AP German Language A+
AP English Literature A-
AP Statistics A-
Advanced Art A
AP U.S. Government D+</p>

<p>Sooo, they’re gonna reject me, huh? I tried my hardest to avoid getting that grade in that class, but it just couldn’t be helped. I had to take my brothers and sister to school in the mornings and pick them up because my mother has temporarily been removed from our lives atm. This isn’t the first time that my transcript has this inconsistency in it; first semester junior year is pretty much identical, but I got the D in US History. Will they think that I hate the US because I did bad in two US history classes and did good in AP World History and AP European History? </p>

<p>So should I get ready for community college? Will CSUs also reject me for that?</p>

<p>applied to UCSC, UCSB, UCB (don’t really want to go there, to close to home), and UCD.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>LMAO 10char.</p>

<p>Taking care of two siblings? Wow, that must be hard :(. I’m really impressed though, even all the things you’re still managing A’s in all your other classes. You can tell the universities your situation and how you plan on fixing this issue. Most likely, you can go to a local CC and take US Government to make up for it. I don’t think they will deny you if you have a good enough explanation and a solution for it.</p>

<p>Worst case scenario you can always attend a CSU (I’m assuming that’s your second choice). My friend got a D- and a F in Algebra 2 his senior year and CSU Sacramento still let him in with appeal lol. So your chances are good. :)</p>

<p>Best of luck this semester. I hope everything work out for you. :)</p>

<p>BTW, even with your D+ your GPA is a 4.2 (since AP and honor classes are worth 5 points instead of 4) lol. :wink: Nothing to worry about at all.</p>

<p>Appealing sounds good right about now.</p>

<p>The CSU’s probably won’t much care. Cal will care, but you can explain it and they would probably accept the explanation if you are admitted.</p>

<p>But, does the D count for HS graduation credit (civics is a required class in Calif)? If not, see your GC immediately.</p>

<p>oh yeah, it is a 4.2.lol. i suck at calculating gpa.
@bluebayou: the grade counts for graduation, so i’ll graduate. </p>

<p>but all this is relieving, at least I’ll be able to go a CSU (even though it’s not my first choice). and i think that the UCs will get sick and tired of all the sob-story sooo, i want push my luck. I had a good run.lol. and im just happy my other grades are ok. Thanks everyone</p>

<p>Hey you’re also applying to UCD, UCSC, and UCSB besides Cal. I’m sure if you report your situation to one of them and take a course in a local CC, chances are they will not revoke your admissions if they had already accepted you. Well, best of luck!</p>