5.8 earthquake in So. Cal!

<p>Wow! Haven’t felt an earthquake this big in a while!! We live in So. Cal, just soulth of L.A. North of Irvine. Anybody else feel it and where do you live?</p>

<p>Arcadia......................while using the toilet</p>

<p>Actually it was reduced to a 5.4...but I was on the 6th floor of a court room in Van Nuys at the time (I'm stuck on a jury)...you'd think these people have never been in an earthquake before...I honestly didn't even realize it was happening, but I like earthquakes so I didn't really care.</p>

<p>And the building is on rollers or something, so it kept swaying for a while after the quake was actually over...</p>

<p>I don't like earthquake alarm clocks... lol
They're scary.</p>

<p>I was in a hotel room about 2 minutes away from UC Irvine. There was this banging noise. At first I thought kids were running down the upstairs hallways. Then the ground began to roll and it lasted for about 25 seconds. The mirrors in the room swayed and there were lots of rattling noises. It was terrifying!</p>

<p>I was honestly kind of hoping it was "the big one" that all of these experts keep talking about for a few reasons:</p>

<p>1) it would be over with and there would be no more worrying about it for the next 30 years or however long they say it might be</p>

<p>2) the courthouse would be evacuated and there would be a definite possibility of me being out of there for tomorrow so I could go to the X Games...but alas, it was not and I cannot...sucks big time...stupid baby earthquake...</p>

<p>LOL i missed it! I was chilling in Waikiki beach. A BIG ONE is supposed to be coming, according to experts.</p>

<p>we were on vacation, but apparently my sister's cat in Long Beach was freaking out, bouncing around and such. I havent felt an earthquake is soo long!</p>

<p>Yeah, that earthquake was fun.</p>