6 point system converted to Percentage or 4 point-GPA?

hi everyone!
long time no see! I hope all is great.
I have a small question for folks in a school using a 6-point scale:
Andover uses the 6-point system for their grades.
How do those numbers convert to normal GPA (percentage scale, or 4 point scale) for the purposes of SRAR for college apps?

I don’t think you convert. From what I remember you just copy your transcript “exactly as it is”… Have you asked her CC?

Yes, she did it completely with her CC, so I don’t really even know what that interface looks like. I’m hoping to check their solution against what people actually at Andover are doing. Like a “5” – what is that considered outside of the Andover ecosystem? (I think she has to be consistent with one system and her primary school is on the percentage system…so she can’t put “95” for sophomore English and “5” for freshman bio, so she had to “convert” her Andover grades for the SRAR.). (again, I think…).
Given not a ton of kids are in this unique situation so I don’t know that her CC has a ton of experience dealing with it. That said, her CC is fantastic. Still I wanted to double check. :).

Andover “suggests” that colleges consider 6=4.3, 5=4.0, 4=3.0, etc. What the college will actually do may vaty.

But for SRAR purposes, as noted above, you list what’s on the transcript

2 Likes

They won’t convert. The school sends an explanation with the transcript. Most colleges are well aware of Andover’s system. Nothing for you to worry about.

2 Likes

Perfect thanks! That’s in line with what CC suggested.