69 -56 Bama beats UArk...Clinches SEC West Title

<p>We went to the game tonight. Very exciting…Awesome win!</p>

<p>Any chance of an NCAA bid?</p>

<p>You beat me to the punch Mom :-). </p>

<p>Riggo, we have a great chance of making the tournament now. Joe Lunardi has had us in his bracket for the past few weeks. If we take care of business these next 2 weeks we’ll be dancing in March!!</p>

<p>Up next…Auburn…</p>

<p>Let hope that the next game is portend of good things for 2011 … :)</p>

<p>The game was a sellout…the place was packed. </p>

<p>If Bama can be great in 2 big sports…well…WOW…Roll Tide Roll.</p>

<p>BTW…the Crimson Caberet Dance Team performed beautifully tonight…</p>

<p>D was there tonight too; her 1st basketball game. She still doesn’t see the appeal even though she is a huge sports fan…as a matter of fact I just texted her that UA clinched the division title & she had no idea…</p>

<p>RPI: 83rd…probably need to win SEC conference tourney to get to big dance</p>

<p>ESPN’s bracket expert Joe Lunardi disagrees with you. RPI isn’t the be all end all. And that RPI will likely be in the low 70’s or high 60’s when all is said and done. </p>

<p>Here’s a link to Lunardi’s latest projected bracket. Notice he has Bama as an at large #10 seed right now. <a href=“http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology[/url]”>http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>If Bama goes 12 - 4 in the SEC it will be very hard for the committee to leave us out. And if we go 13 - 3 we’re a lock no matter what we do in the conference tournament. </p>

<p>I’m sorry auburn’s team sucks but those are the facts. At least you won’t have to vacate any basketball wins like you will your temporary NC :-)</p>

<p>I’m just happy that Bama is on its way of being strong in two big sports…</p>

<p>While I was in Coleman last night, I was looking around to see how it could be expanded…don’t know if it can.</p>

<p>Noticed that we weren’t charged for parking (unlike football), but I can see that changing in at some point. The school has to pay hundreds of people to help with parking and to pay for the Crimson Ride transporting of people from parking lots to the coliseum.</p>

<p>We are in the midst of our first trip to Tuscaloosa and we enjoyed the game last night. Very close game, very exciting.</p>

<p>NJBama</p>

<p>You have me confused for an Auburn fan. Yes I have some interest in that school…oldest son attends there. Younger son is down to three choices and 'Bama is one of them and during the college search cc has been beneficial. </p>

<p>My alma mater (Roooooooock Chaaaaaaaulk Jaaaaaaaay Haaaaaaaawk KUUUUUUUUUUUU) is currently projected as a one seed.</p>

<p>Bama is on the bubble as a 10 seed is historically getting towards the lower seedings for non-automatic qualifiers. Bama still has work to do and after all it is SEC basketball which is not a bball powerhouse.</p>

<p>You rooted for auburn in the Iron Bowl. Proof of that is garnered by a brief review of your posts. That makes you an auburn fan in my book. At the very least it shows you are not an Alabama fan. </p>

<p>SEC basketball isn’t a powerhouse? Maybe not this year but tell that to Kentucky which is arguably the #1 basketball program of all time. You might have also forgot about Florida’s back to back Championships a few short years ago as well. </p>

<p>Jerry Palm has us on the bubble as he’s strictly an RPI guy. Joe Lunardi has us relatively comfortably in as he does not list us amongst his “last 4 in”. That said, I agree that there is more work to be done. We must win 2 more games. If we fail to do that then I’ll agree with you that we’d need to win the SEC tournament.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>Yes I rooted for Auburn in this past Iron Bowl…had placed a wager on Auburn to win national title for my son in Vegas in Jan of 2010 when odds were 100 to 1 …it was business for me not personal. I have never claimed to be a Bama fan.</p>

<p>Three of the most winning basketball teams in NCAA history (in fact the top three) are Kentucky, North Carolina and Kansas. Do you know what they have in common? They all play in arenas named after University of Kansas Alumni. James Naismith invented the game and coached Adolph Rupp (Rupp arena-Kentucky) and Phog Allen (Allen Fieldhouse-Kansas). Coach Allen coached Dean Smith (Smith Center-UNC). </p>

<p>Not only is Kansas one of the best if not the best college basketball bball programs it is the birthplace of Kentucky and UNC basketball.</p>

<p>I have the utmost respect for Bill Self and the Kansas basketball program. You’ll never hear me denigrate them in any way. I simply took exception to you saying the SEC wasn’t a strong basketball conference. </p>

<p>I fully agree that the SEC is down this year, especially the SEC west. And no doubt Bama had a dreadful start to the season and our out of conference record is poor. But after a suspension of JaMychal Green and the return of a few injured players we have played some great basketball. </p>

<p>It is of my opinion as well as that of Joe Lunardi and a few other prognosticators that if we continue to win the games we should down the stretch that we will be in the tournament.</p>

<p>I wish Kansas success and will root for them in every game they play as long as one of those isn’t against Alabama. Roll Tide!!</p>